Forums > Newbie Forum > Hey! I'm new in modelling, portfolio expansion?

Model

xavierycaza

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Hi, I am a new model based in Nottingham currently. Looking for creative photographers to help me expand my portfolio, TF for now. Feel free to have a look at my profile smile

Mar 09 22 09:14 am Link

Photographer

LightEnough

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Its a hard business to break into, but stick with it. Your best chance is to post a casting call that lists your availability, You will get some for real responses and some that are not.  You are working with TFP photographers I guess and some of the ones with a red backdrop are actually out of focus. Others have very uneven lighting on one side of the face. That may be OK for art portraits if its done well but not so much for a beginning model portfolio.

Bright red is not a good background for a model portfolio because it draws strong attention towards itself and away from you.

This one looks out of focus to me
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/47354495

A lot of people will want to see a physique, so if you are OK with that, get one that way. 
Your clothes here are casual but do not say "Men's Fashion" to me. That is a popular use for male models. So, think about it.
What you do have is a strong work ethic and good character and that matters a lot.

Apr 04 22 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Welcome to MM.
Use the browse feature to search for photographers near you.

Apr 06 22 08:09 am Link

Retoucher

Kseniya Retoucher

Barnaul, Altaiski Kray, Russia

Post hidden on Jul 26, 2023 06:23 am
Reason: violates rules

Jul 09 23 06:59 am Link