Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Would love comments and (private) critiques

Photographer

Jessica Darwinian

Miami, Florida, US

Would love comments and (private) critiques on my portfolio - especially the nudes.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/4658929/viewall

Thanks in advance!

Feb 07 22 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

Most of the images are too small.  The photographer needed to be in the action or a much longer lens.  Can't tell which one you are.  Photos should be done in a practice session so closer images can be made.  If shot in a performance, a longer lens is really needed.

The ones of just you are nice but the composition could be better but I do like the lighting.

May 03 22 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jessica Darwinian wrote:
Would love comments and (private) critiques on my portfolio - especially the nudes.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/4658929/viewall

Thanks in advance!

Hey Jessica,

For what it's worth, I focus on dance photography here in Chicago.  You had a tough assignment there photographing the dancers in such low-light conditions.  That may be your style, and if so, then you need to keep honing it.  In terms of photographing the groups, everyone in the image has to work to make the image worthwhile, and some of the shots had people blocking out each other and it didn't really make sense to me why they were in the shot.

Some of your shots are quite nice, tho.  If you're serious about learning more about dance photography, join our Pas de Deux Photo Facebook group.   We have more than 1,000 dance photographers on there, ranging from beginning photographers or beginning dance photographers, to former dancers and elite dance photographers.  We have a nice community on there.  Hope to see you join us.

Ron

May 29 22 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Tarragon

New York, New York, US

Cropping is your friend. It can make a photo that' has potential, show it. Negative space is good but too much diminishes the subject(s).

Let me know if you want me to continue in private.

Jun 27 22 07:25 pm Link