https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/47192867

Nov 14 21 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Art V Photo wrote:
The cheetahs aren't real. Did I fool you? LoL

No.

The DOF is not helping make the image believable.  Why is the lone Cheetah on the left somewhat in focus while the seemingly closer animals a blur?

Nov 15 21 02:07 am Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

No.

The DOF is not helping make the image believable.  Why is the lone Cheetah on the left somewhat in focus while the seemingly closer animals a blur?

Yup, the entire right side is blurred and most of the left is close to focused even at depth, not realistic!  It is almost split evenly down the center of the model

Can I suggest re-editing the photo and leave the "extras" out, focus on the model and the original setting.

Dec 06 21 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

ROUA IMAGES

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Love the location. Love the idea. Love the model's pose and OP choice of composition and framing.  Just - the overall execution is all very "soft".  DOF decision to where even the model isn't quite to the point of blurry so much as extremely "unsharp" even in the areas where she is supposed to be in focus.

Dec 07 21 04:43 am Link

Photographer

CBailey Studios

Escondido, California, US

I like the concept!  Very creative.

Dec 03 22 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Devil is in the details.
I can't say if it can be salvaged without seeing the original images.

I like the idea, the model and pose, the setting, etc. The execution needs redone.

Dec 03 22 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

The focus in this image seems completely wonky. It's a cool concept, however without the cheetah on the left being in focus I wouldn't have been able to to discern that the animals on the right where also cheetahs, let alone animals at all. They seem to me to be way over blurred. I don't think it's DOF as there are elements in the image that are in focus that are farther away from the lens that are out of focus. However if that's the look you were going for you nailed it.

Dec 04 22 06:56 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Yes, as stated, focus/DOF.  I see it as a work in progress. Welcome departure from  the other work. As always, budget is a factor.  I do like the model. Hair an expression pretty much nailed it.

Dec 05 22 08:54 am Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Instead of trying to fake a shallow depth of field (Which is pretty obvious here), why not try learning how to actually create with the right lens and camera settings? 

As far as the image goes; the cheetahs were so out of focus, they blended into the ground on the backdrop and were almost indistinguishable.  You're basically selling yourself short by using cheap shortcuts to both photography and photo editing.

Dec 05 22 03:32 pm Link