Forums > Newbie Forum > How do I like a image

Photographer

Paul edge photography

Oswestry, England, United Kingdom

Hello all,

I see images I like and see that they have likes. But can not seems to see a like button. How do I go about showing I like someones work?

Thank you Paul

Jun 28 20 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

You can like an image via some menus but not others.
Why don't you leave a comment instead?

Jun 28 20 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Paul edge photography

Oswestry, England, United Kingdom

I do Mark, just wondering why I cant like a image when see others have.

Jun 28 20 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Paul edge photography wrote:
I do Mark, just wondering why I cant like a image when see others have.

I can't like them either. Perhaps one can like an image from a news feed, I don't know.

Anyhow if you "like" an image, the model or photographer will never know who liked it and why they liked it.

Jun 28 20 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I agree with Mark. Commenting on images and what you think of them is of more use and value.

I don't agree with having the "like" feature. This is not Facebook! Also, an image may have great comments, but no "likes", and, to me, that falsely, implies that nobody likes it, and therefore imposes a bad impression, just by having the word there with no response. I think the word "like" should not be visible unless someone has activated it. There should never be an implied "zero" likes.

Jun 28 20 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

sebm_photo

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

With the mobile version it works, with the desktop version apparently not

Jun 29 20 02:43 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:
Perhaps one can like an image from a news feed

Yep, newsfeed images. There's a little heart icon below the image. Click to like.

Jun 29 20 03:35 am Link

Photographer

Concepts 5 Photography

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

The only way I have found on  my PC is via this

https://www.modelmayhem.com/newsfeed

Jul 23 20 03:20 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Dean M

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
Yep, newsfeed images. There's a little heart icon below the image. Click to like.

It’s a convenient feature that mimics social media. My only question is, where are all of those likes gathered for referencing later?

Jan 26 21 06:19 am Link

Admin

Model Mayhem Edu

Los Angeles, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:
I can't like them either. Perhaps one can like an image from a news feed, I don't know.

Anyhow if you "like" an image, the model or photographer will never know who liked it and why they liked it.

You can currently "like" images in newsfeed and the app. The new portfolio design will allow you to like images in portfolios.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/newsfeed

You also receive notifications when someone "likes" your images.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/notifications

Jan 26 21 10:56 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

As a model, I don't want people to "like" my images, that is not helpful in the least, and this is not Facebook.

I want to know WHY they like it, or WHAT they like about it, in the form of a comment.

Is there a way we can turn off "likes" in our portfolio?  It seems to me that many people are able to set it so their photos can't be added to lists, so this would be similar.

Jan 27 21 06:56 am Link

Photographer

Camera Buff

Maryborough, Queensland, Australia

I appreciate both Likes and Comments. However, once I've read a Comment, I'll delete it!

BTW - Most comments I receive are from members who are simply being polite and returning comments I've posted about their images.

Jan 28 21 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
As a model, I don't want people to "like" my images, that is not helpful in the least, and
this is not Facebook.

I want to know WHY they like it, or WHAT they like about it, in the form of a comment.

Is there a way we can turn off "likes" in our portfolio?  It seems to me that many people are able to set it so their photos can't be added to lists, so this would be similar.

thank goodness

I added bold

Jan 29 21 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen J Thomas

Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

How do you get your new posts into Newsfeed mine never show so they don't get much exposure?

Feb 20 22 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

TISIGN PHOTOGRAPHY

s-Gravenhage, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

It's so stupid that you are able to like the picture at one place but NOT when you visit/check out the picture itself.
Either you add the like-button (everywhere) or you don't.
And to the critics: why would you not want that?!!! Your opinion is just your opinion. Leave it up to the people themselves if they want to use it or not.
And to those who comment "I want to know WHY they like it" I respond: I want to be a billionaire. 😇

May 07 22 04:10 am Link

Photographer

Happysnap20

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I also wan to put a vote in to be allowed to like images on a PC outside the newsfeed. If you make a new friend you often want to as you saw something you like. It is nice to give positive feedback.

Jul 19 22 10:10 pm Link

Retoucher

ML Retouching

New York, New York, US

I second that. It would be helpful to be able to like images on a PC.

Sep 30 22 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

I think the "like" button is nonsense. It tells you nothing about the reason which is what matters most. As a community we can all benefit from constructive remarks, and sometime they are negative, but still helpful.  An IG type "like" isn't helpful. Perhaps we need to slow down and look a little more carefully and respect one another enough to offer a serious comment, or just pass on to the next.

This isn't a completion.

Oct 02 22 06:07 pm Link