Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Remember when this place was cool?

Model

Alexandra Vincent

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Now it reminds me of a town I passed through once in the Utah desert.

It had buildings with boarded up swinging doors, and a sign that announced, "Population of 10."

Apr 15 18 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

I remember, this used to be the place all the cool kids hung out at.
some (mine) parody threads were so lol  lol  lol
that, alone was worth the price of admission

hey, it's you hienvy

Apr 15 18 08:50 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

The parody threads were probably the best. Evar.

Apr 16 18 01:47 am Link

Model

HighMind9

Jacksonville, Florida, US

kids grow up
and "cool" is no longer cool...
we can only hope we at least trade beauty for wisdom

time's a bitch

Apr 20 18 02:00 am Link

Photographer

Deacon Blues

Belmont, North Carolina, US

I'm surprised MM is still up. hmm

Apr 20 18 08:07 am Link

Model

Grouchy Retired Nova

Tucson, Arizona, US

I was just looking through some epic threads from 2008-2009. There was so much activity that those threads could grow by 50-100 posts an hour.

And the people! They were hilarious, in various ways. I wonder what happened to some of them.

Apr 20 18 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Grouchy Retired Nova wrote:
I was just looking through some epic threads from 2008-2009. There was so much activity that those threads could grow by 50-100 posts an hour.

And the people! They were hilarious, in various ways. I wonder what happened to some of them.

Yeah I remember all that also.  You'd crash one night watching an interesting thread... wake up the next day... and it's FOUR PAGES longer with hundreds of replies in a period of less than half a day.  Now you're lucky to see ANY forum post catch 100 replies in a month... sad

Back when Tyler ran MM and it was only a few years old... this place was the 'slam dunk off the hook party spot'... with 1000s of members around who chimed in with some ever-so entertaining 'mayhem funloving frivolity'... all that being seriously lacking now.  MM went from Model Mayhem to Model Slaythem... thanks to a few conceited 'stick up the ass' moderators who booted thousands... some of which aren't even around anymore.  Hey IB... now you know where all your money went.  Nothing like draining the moderator swamp AFTER the alligators leave... hmm

Apr 20 18 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Deacon Blues

I'm one of them smile. I know some more of them, but they never even check in.

Apr 21 18 07:44 am Link

Photographer

Eclectic Vision

Toledo, Ohio, US

Yeah I really miss the old days. I remember when this place was so kicking that I would just sit around refreshing and replying and lose track of hours.

Sigh.

Now it's all crickets and tumbleweeds.

Apr 22 18 07:49 am Link

Model

Grouchy Retired Nova

Tucson, Arizona, US

Deacon Blues wrote:

I'm sure they don't. I often don't anymore unless I really need a reason to procrastinate.

There were some definite characters. The model who had adventures on Craigslist, the one that was very proud of being a fit model, etc. I sincerely wonder what happened to them.

Apr 22 18 10:52 am Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

Deacon Blues wrote:

Steve!!!!

Are you on IG by chance?

Apr 24 18 10:16 am Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

I'm afraid to look through threads from back then. I probably said stuff publicly that would really embarrass me today. Lol

Apr 24 18 10:18 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

It was definitely fun while it lasted, but all things must pass.

Apr 24 18 02:58 pm Link

Model

Grouchy Retired Nova

Tucson, Arizona, US

Alexandra Vincent wrote:

I'm afraid to look through threads from back then. I probably said stuff publicly that would really embarrass me today. Lol

I most certainly did. But not embarrass myself nearly as badly as other people did so that makes it somewhat ok.

Apr 26 18 02:16 am Link

Photographer

- Phil H -

Mildenhall, England, United Kingdom

Deacon Blues wrote:

Checking in. tongue

Apr 30 18 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Deacon Blues

Alexandra Vincent wrote:

Steve!!!!

Are you on IG by chance?

Nope. smile

May 01 18 08:34 am Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

I most certainly did. But not embarrass myself nearly as badly as other people did so that makes it somewhat ok.

Grouchy ?

yup, fitting tongue

May 01 18 06:17 pm Link

Model

Grouchy Retired Nova

Tucson, Arizona, US

scrymettet wrote:

Grouchy ?

yup, fitting tongue

It's exam season, I'm on a diet and people STILL ask me for TF shoots (I wouldn't even take a paid shoot anymore.) I thought this might drive that point home. And I am usually grouchy because I'm tired and I want to eat cookies and cheeseburgers but I can't.

May 03 18 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

It's exam season, I'm on a diet and people STILL ask me for TF shoots (I wouldn't even take a paid shoot anymore.) I thought this might drive that point home. And I am usually grouchy because I'm tired and I want to eat cookies and cheeseburgers but I can't.

Everyone thinks they are special and can coax you out of retirement.  lol
Good luck with your exams.

May 04 18 09:04 am Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

diet, examen : fell free to grouch
break a leg on both

May 04 18 06:06 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Deacon Blues wrote:

Maybe invite them back tor a peak.around?

The zaniness was gone before I joined but there was still lots of activity and input compared to now.
Jen

May 05 18 02:57 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Good wishes on your exams!! Oh jeez, I need a diet, haven't shot in a while!
Jen

May 05 18 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

My bartender just took her exams and did well.
She is a Biology major.

May 06 18 02:23 am Link

Model

Grouchy Retired Nova

Tucson, Arizona, US

I'm not really on a weight loss diet, but I am losing body fat. I have stomach ulcers and esophageal erosion due to stress and damage from radistion therapy. So, nothing greasy, salty, spicy or acidic. No fruit, no dairy. I could eat it, but the consequences are not something I'm willing to put up with. Oh, no coffee, soda or energy drinks either. So that's been fun.

Not overly worried about most of the exams. The only hard part is trying to remember stuff I learned 3 months ago when I'm too tired to remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

May 06 18 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I'm not really on a weight loss diet, but I am losing body fat. I have stomach ulcers and esophageal erosion due to stress and damage from radistion therapy. So, nothing greasy, salty, spicy or acidic. No fruit, no dairy. I could eat it, but the consequences are not something I'm willing to put up with. Oh, no coffee, soda or energy drinks either. So that's been fun.

Not overly worried about most of the exams. The only hard part is trying to remember stuff I learned 3 months ago when I'm too tired to remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Study hard!

May 06 18 12:02 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

Deacon Blues wrote:

Nope. smile

Well, anyway, one of the photos we shot in 2010 is among my most liked and reposted images ever ...and that's out of like 13 years worth of work, and your's is still a fan favorite.

May 11 18 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Alexandra Vincent wrote:

Well, anyway, one of the photos we shot in 2010 is among my most liked and reposted images ever ...and that's out of like 13 years worth of work, and your's is still a fan favorite.

I have a photo in my portfolio from the 70s that is well liked.   smile

May 28 18 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

*waves hello *

Reminisces about when it was all about parody tbreads,cupcakes and fun...

Jun 01 18 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I was here... or at least so I thought.

Jun 04 18 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
*waves hello *

Reminisces about when it was all about parody tbreads,cupcakes and fun...

Yeah... cupcakes at those SoCal meetups were TASTY!... now it's $1 tacos at 'Taco Tuesday'... borat

Jun 06 18 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Select Models wrote:

Yeah... cupcakes at those SoCal meetups were TASTY!... now it's $1 tacos at 'Taco Tuesday'... borat

We have Taco Tuesday around here.

Jun 06 18 10:16 pm Link

Model

Kelli

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

How long have u been on this diet for?

My food world is pretty small too, but I got the hang of it now and doing well.

Jun 10 18 07:21 am Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I used to post, but I think I was not cool enough to rate... eventually things dropped off...

Jun 28 18 02:21 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

Gryph wrote:
I was here... or at least so I thought.

I will never forget the years you sent me all those oranges

Jul 04 18 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Alexandra Vincent wrote:

big_smile
Now that I have my own house, I've been learning to grow my own stuff.  I bought a Mexican key lime tree by mistake back in feb(Still taking it's sweet time growing), and grew some Korean chili peppers which turned out pretty good.  Next year I plan to get a lemon tree and another citrus tree but still debating as to which I'll get.

Jul 04 18 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Alexandra Vincent wrote:

I remember those oranges.   smile

Jul 04 18 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

portraiturebyBrent

Round Rock, Texas, US

I came late to the party and totally missed the cool. Either that, or I'm too old to recognize it.

Jul 06 18 01:43 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I remember when this place was cool , funny , informative/uninformative  , weird , and nasty all at the same time

Jul 09 18 11:06 am Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

Garry k wrote:
I remember when this place was cool , funny , informative/uninformative  , weird , and nasty all at the same time

I originally joined in March of 2007 -- it was a party 24/7

Aug 09 18 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Alexandra Vincent wrote:

I originally joined in March of 2007 -- it was a party 24/7

woo woo... yeah it was, but now I get to bed at a more decent hour. Back then not so much, haha.
... I joined the following month. Ah the good ole days!
:-)

Aug 11 18 03:21 pm Link