Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > favorite cream foundations?

Makeup Artist

Jackie McClay

Brick, New Jersey, US

Looking to revamp my kit, what are your fav cream foundations?

Jan 06 18 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Jackie McClay wrote:
...fav cream foundations?

By far and away the most versatile and cost effective is RCMA since it comes in fabulous palettes like the VK11 and VK 10... Also available are pure white and foundation adjusters... It is so highly pigmented that it can be used straight as concealer, or if you need only a sheer wash i.e. tinted moisturizer it comes with a thinner...

Here is an example of the VK-11 Palette with a mix of Porcelain and Ivory...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4522/38723543302_5330bb93fe_b.jpg

Be advised that there is a learning curve with this product so invest time on YouTube to get your head around best practices with this industry standard...

Might start with Angie Di Battista an actual commercial makeup artist not a YouTuber...
How to use the RCMA VK11 Palette
Also RCMA "How To Apply" tutorial with Kevin James Bennett
However Kevin James Bennett is being paid by RCMA and regurgitates way too much vendor hype in what could have been a useful video... Kevin use to be a Mayhem Contributor albeit like so many others has moved on to YouTube for a wider stage...

btw, if you have a MAC Pro Card then MAC Full Coverage Foundation is your other option here...
Since MAC considers this to be a professional foundation you can only purchase it from MAC's web site... Sadly their stand alone stores don't carry it and their associates with try to bait and switch you to one of their high priced "retail" grade foundations.. If I didn't have my MAC Pro Card I actually wouldn't have made the investment.  That said it is indeed a professional grade full coverage foundation with the same amazing properties as RCMA.

Hope this helps...   or is at least food for thought...
I wish you well on your journey Jackie...

Jan 09 18 05:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jackie McClay

Brick, New Jersey, US

Ah ok i actually had these palettes but airbrush has been so popular for me that my palettes are probably dried out. I haven’t looked at them in ages, not like they’d still be good anyway lol. I did love it though especially with the thinner

Thomas Van Dyke wrote:

By far and away the most versatile and cost effective is RCMA since it comes in fabulous palettes like the VK11 and VK 10... Also available are pure white and foundation adjusters... It is so highly pigmented that it can be used straight as concealer, or if you need only a sheer wash i.e. tinted moisturizer it comes with a thinner...

Here is an example of the VK-11 Palette with a mix of Porcelain and Ivory...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4522/38723543302_5330bb93fe_b.jpg

Be advised that there is a learning curve with this product so invest time on YouTube to get your head around best practices with this industry standard...

Might start with Angie Di Battista an actual commercial makeup artist not a YouTuber...
How to use the RCMA VK11 Palette
Also RCMA "How To Apply" tutorial with Kevin James Bennett
However Kevin James Bennett is being paid by RCMA and regurgitates way too much vendor hype in what could have been a useful video... Kevin use to be a Mayhem Contributor albeit like so many others has moved on to YouTube for a wider stage...

btw, if you have a MAC Pro Card then MAC Full Coverage Foundation is your other option here...
Since MAC considers this to be a professional foundation you can only purchase it from MAC's web site... Sadly their stand alone stores don't carry it and their associates with try to bait and switch you to one of their high priced "retail" grade foundations.. If I didn't have my MAC Pro Card I actually wouldn't have made the investment.  That said it is indeed a professional grade full coverage foundation with the same amazing properties as RCMA.

Hope this helps...   or is at least food for thought...
I wish you well on your journey Jackie...

Jan 13 18 03:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cindy Nguyen MUA

Huntington Beach, California, US

My favorite cream foundation has to be Graftobian's Cream Foundations. I absolutely love the texture of the application and how light it feels on the face. It also give you the full coverage look that you need by using a minimal amount of cream.

Apr 22 18 04:53 am Link