Makeup Artist

Brandi Bravo

San Diego, California, US

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine who is in charge of marketing a high-end gym invited me in to exhibit alongside other professionals at their upcoming beauty event.  They're having a holiday party coming up too so it's also a good time to market my services and hopefully get some new clietele. So far, I'm the only makeup artist exhibiting which is awesome but I'm not quite sure what to bring to set up my booth.  The gym will be providing a table and tablecloth to set up but that's it.  Anyone out there have any experience with doing a pop-up like this?  I was thinking of bringing my chair, setting up my kit with airbrush to do on the spot touchups and laying out some business cards with an iPad linked up to my website but that's all I've got so far.  Anyone else out there have any experience and suggestions/advice for me?

Thank you in advance!

Brandi

Nov 26 16 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

that is mostly what I was going to suggest,
with the exception of a monitor, or television running a slide show.

also collect business cards and names to follow up with for wedding makeovers  (or wherever most of your work comes from)

Nov 27 16 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Brandi Bravo wrote:
...The gym will be providing a table and tablecloth to set up but that's it.  Anyone out there have any experience with doing a pop-up like this?  I was thinking of bringing my chair, setting up my kit with airbrush to do on the spot touchups and laying out some business cards...

Brandi, I'm not in your market thus can only share my experience with the DC and NOVA marketplace...
That said, my team did a Haymarket Bridal Show in NOVA some time ago... We brought a makeup chair, kit and a model... My colleague did the models bridal makeup while I showed clients our book and explained the product/process etc... We also offered a free trial session to those interested... Albeit they had to schedule for a trial the date since we obviously could do full bridal makeup in the time allotted...

Sounds like you have a similar marketing plan... However I would caution on applying makeup without full skin prep i.e. cleanse, tone, and prime etc... And it may be unwise to risk an allergic reaction especially if using Silicon Base airbrush product... water-base carries far less risk but it's not as effective in my humble estimation...  Also if your airbrush compressor isn't battery powder you might want to verify electrical service access prior to the event...

Business cards are always good however we used Comp Cards also which were far better received...

Here is the model bridal we demonstrated on...  with finished "look"

https://www.restonstudio.com/gallery/Fgallery2-7.jpg

She absolutely loved the event!  smile

Hope this helps, or is at least food for thought...

Nov 30 16 11:35 am Link