Photographer

tomaszc

Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland

Hello, So far I used glitter pictures, unfortunately, cleaning the studio after brocade is very time consuming, not only that all are in brocade (oil and glitter on the body) it still studio is destroyed. I have a question of how much need of paint Snazaroo on the model?

Jul 22 16 02:02 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Hello!

Glitter is messy. Body painting and taking pictures on top of a tarp can help with the clean up.

How much body paint you need depends on several factors:
The color of the body paint (some colors are naturally more opaque than others.)
The model's skin tone can affect the body paint coverage.
How big the design is.

Snazaroo is a medium-quality body paint so you may need more than normal.
I typically use an airbrush for base-coverage, not hand painting...
So, I'm  guessing.
I would buy two 90gram cakes for the base color

Hopefully someone who hand-paints instead of airbrushing can answer too.

Jul 22 16 04:26 pm Link

Body Painter

Cat Camp

Tampa, Florida, US

It will first depend on what color you need. If you are going to use a metallic color, gold or silver, you can probably cover the body with 1 large cake of Kryolan, Wolfe Bros., Diamond FX, Global, or any of the better brands. If you want to use a "sparkle" color, you will still be able to cover the body with one cake, but it will be thinner & more transparent. If you are using a solid color like red or blue, your paint will look more opaque. The large cakes come in a variety of sizes; 45gm, 18ml, 2.5oz, 3.5oz, 40gm & more. They are all reasonably priced enough that buying 2 cakes would make certain that you would be satisfied.
My best suggestion would also be to use one of the "Kabuki" style paintbrushes to cover quickly & leave less brushstrokes.

Jul 28 16 12:16 pm Link

Body Painter

Sweet Loretta

Sacramento, California, US

Well the glitter images in your portfolio are very cool. I like the textural look of the glitter but yes, the mess!  I see where in using the oil there are bare spots on the model.

You may want to play with Mehron Metallic Powders. They can be mixed with oil to create a great movable metallic coverage. They can also be mixed with Mehron Mixing Liquid to create a non-movable body paint.

There are some great metallic body paints, I really like Wolfe metallix, and Mehron's have great shimmer and sheen.
You might too look for Kryolan as their products can be found more easily in your area.

Follow Cat's advice on 1-2 Medium size cakes.

Aug 12 16 07:21 pm Link