Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Outdoor Makeup for Active Sport Shoot

Model

markwlakers

Los Angeles, California, US

I involved in shooting a sports show that will be outdoors in 80 degree heat where the female (red hair, pale skin) will be running around and sweating in a helmet (2hrs) then she will take the helmet off and interview people. We want to use light make up, does anyone have any suggestions for what makeup will work? Thanks!

Jun 03 16 10:01 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Consider a theatrical liquid antiperspirant like "sweat stop" or "stop the sweat" for her forehead, etc for under the foundation. Just test it first! (I've had do a weird color shift to the color of body paint at times.)

No matter what, she's gonna have some smoosh face if she's wearing a helmet... so expect a fairly serious touch up to be required.

Jun 03 16 12:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

markwlakers wrote:
Outdoor Makeup for Active Sport Shoot...
...a sports show that will be outdoors in 80 degree heat where the female (red hair, pale skin) will be running around and sweating in a helmet (2hrs) then she will take the helmet off and interview people. We want to use light make up, does anyone have any suggestions for what makeup will work? Thanks!

mark much depends on the expertise of the key artist on the session... Keep in mind that excellence here is not a retail commodity... Tenure in Outdoor Events is requisite for success...

That said, for bridal involving challenging high heat &/or humidity in my experience there is only one choice... TEMPTU S/B airbrush product... It is the ultimate in wear-ability and is tenacious in resisting moisture, sweat or transfer on to clothing... Even so I would have an ample supply of rice blotter paper available... this has been a timeless SOP for such events...

For those untrained in airbrush thus limited to traditional application methodologies there is however a product called Final Seal by Ben Nye a popular sealer which keeps makeup rather waterproof and in place for hours. This sealer can be sprayed over powder and/or creme based finish.  Mary actually carries this on her commercial portal...

CAUTION!  Unless you are skilled at working around the sensitive eye area and understand/appreciate that this product is harmful to the aforementioned please do not use this... It is for professional makeup artist not hobbyist...

WARNING: During my tenure there have been several known incidents (first hand accounts from artist I personally know) where this product has caused an allergic reaction...  Please do not use this unless you do a patch test first...

Hope this helps...
Enjoy your session mark...

Jun 03 16 01:01 pm Link

Body Painter

Sweet Loretta

Sacramento, California, US

For the face Mehron Skin Prep Pro as a mositure barrier, and mehron Sweat Barrier for the body.
These along with most quality makeups and you should be good to go.
http://www.extrememakeupfx.com/MEHRON-S … sw-set.htm

Jun 13 16 04:31 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Been using anti perspirant  as a face primer for outdoor shoots.  I have to say it really works well.  Just remember to ask the models if they are sensitive to products.  R-

Jun 21 16 05:15 am Link