Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Universal colors for bridesmaids

Makeup Artist

Raychie Loves Makeup

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

I already did a search in the forum and pretty much everywhere else... I'm getting some info but could use a little more personalized ideas. smile

I'm thinking about putting together a kit with universal colors/products that will work for all/most skintones for bridesmaids. I already have a lot of it, but I need to add a few things. Some things I'm considering including are Nars Orgasm for blush and lips, Ben Nye's neutral setting powder, etc.

Things I don't have figured out yet are a cohesive, neutral (in terms of cooltone/warmtone) eyeshadow collection and an eyebrow product. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! smile

May 16 16 10:41 am Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

I know nothing about the wedding industry.
But I do know that fashion has a unique color palette for a specific season.
I can't imagine that this color palette wouldn't filter down to popular bridesmaid dresses, affecting your choice of color season to season.

P.S. So even for neutrals, these colors are going to affect your choice, such as more pinkish/mauve-ish/orange, etc.

May 16 16 11:12 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Yaby Cosmetics has a super condensed, super pigmented Dramatically Neutral pallet..

http://www.yabycosmetics.com/eyeshadow-pre-set-palette/

May 16 16 11:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

If you are an artist you should already have what you need in your kit for all skin tones anyway. At all times.

Lisa is correct. And today the Yaby palette she mentioned is 40 percent off at CRC. My recommendation would be Viseart matte nude and bridal satin palettes or Senna Dream Palette in neutral that also includes I think 6 blushes. All great for bridal. Both brands blend like butter and are highly pigmented.

May 17 16 09:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Raychie Loves Makeup wrote:
Universal colors for bridesmaids... any suggestions?

Raychie every market is different... what works in LA may or may not be germane in Grand Rapids... Also the type of clientele you're currently booking work with plays heavily into the mix...

Case in point... I would not be competitive in DC bridal market without offering airbrush silicon base artistry... Brides in my market are rather savvy and pre-sold on TEMPTU S/B airbrush... So that drives my product/application technique... There is no problem with cool tone verses warm tone (that sound's soooo like MAC... lol)  I have TEMPTU's full compliment of foundation, blushes, highlighters and color adjustors thus can mix any shade/hue/chroma necessary to meet/exceed my client's expectations (we work this out at the trial session (I won't do bridal gigs without a trial session, no exceptions)).

Albeit to address your query directly... If the bride (or bridal party members) want/request traditional then I opt for RCMA VK #10 & VK #11 palettes...  If I'm not using cream shadow product then I go with URBAN DECAY Naked Palette and LORAC UNZIPPED Palette... Works for me...

Please keep in mind that many artist are strongly loyal to the brand they are currently using... to the point of inappropriate bias... So Caveat Emptor holds true here...

Raychie if you are seriously focused on breaking into the bridal market might be wise to have a book in which bridal is heavily represented...  Not seeing that in your MM Port, commercial web portal nor Facebook presence...  Just a thought...

Hope this helps...
All the best...

May 23 16 07:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Raychie Loves Makeup

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the late response.

Of course I have colors that work for every skin tone; I am just hoping to find shades that will work with mostly everyone for when I have a lineup of bridesmaids and the bride wants a cohesive look. I realize I can get that with what I've got, but I'd also like to cut down on time.

I ended up finding what I needed and my first bride of the year loves all of it. Again, thanks for the input.

May 31 16 03:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Brittany Wand HMUA

Austin, Texas, US

btw if you're still thinking about adding the ben nye powder, do it! I'm in love with the ben nye colorless set (white) powder

Jun 06 16 08:34 pm Link