Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Need some advice, i think i cant evaluate the pics

Photographer

Johnmilks

Guimarães, Norte, Portugal

Hi guys, im kind of new in retouching think, and photography,  the image i upload, i edit today, but i dont know i feel that is missing something, i dont know if its about the composition of the photo, tones, or whatever, but i think i am not evaluate the pics properly, like if dont get what should i do to make it more interesting! I always look and think that its not bad, but could be much better! Like if i try to find my thing, the think that gona make me say "this is it"! Hope can have some advise from u guys!

https://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w386/joaoleiteee/IMG_1871_zpsqsmkl5pf.jpg

Mar 01 16 04:01 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Hi,

I think it is not very clear what the image is about and that is what is missing. She is sitting on the floor at the bowling touching her legs which are cut. My first impression is she is somewhat discontent and tired. Still I really don't know what the image is about - is it about what she is doing, is it about the way she looks? Neither of the two shows.

The colors are beautiful, the technical quality is good but that is all. Also is there a particular reason to use harsh light? It looks like a little like a reportage: caught in the action of doing nothing.

I think you can use her nice look for portrait shots (maybe beauty shots) and perhaps something with more action and emotion.

Mar 01 16 08:53 am Link

Retoucher

not here

Providence, Rhode Island, US

10/10 I liked it

May 23 16 06:09 pm Link