Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > How do i reach out to other creatives?

Photographer

Abi987

Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom

Hi all,

Im in desperate need of some help!

I'd really love to reach out and work with other creatives but i'm really not sure how to do so..
say i wanted to collaborate with a make up artist? what sort of thing to i say? how much do i pay? not that its a problem but i genuinely have no idea how it works! for two years now i've done the styling, (buying dresses) make up and hair for willing friends who have been happy to model for me but i really want to go out of my comfort zone and start doing things properly!

The help i need most is with wardrobe styling. i am in need to find someone to collaborate with so i actually have clothes to use in my shoots and something to actually base photoshoots on! but again i am not in the clear to how it works.
I love working with long extravagant dresses but i cant exactly afford to buy new ones etc.
I'd just really like to be bought to light about how it works.

Im so sorry if i cant explain myself clearly. I have trouble doing so but if anyone has any advice etc. i would be extremely grateful!

Feb 21 16 04:23 am Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

Put out casting calls for the talent you want to collaborate with.   Click on models, stylists, MUA - (whatever).  Give some details of your concept and specific date and time. 
OR browse for the talent and contact specific people, giving info.  Some will reply, others won't.

Good luck.

Feb 21 16 04:44 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Find out if there is a photography meet-up in your area. Some of my favorite images and best connections were either at or through casual meet-ups.

Feb 21 16 09:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

Brittany Wand HMUA

Austin, Texas, US

I love using mm to source everything for a shoot as you can search for specifically what you need . Always try to work with people you feel may be out of your league. That's the only way to improve and can build amazing connections send an email with concept and ideas I find artists are more flexible with their rates when they know exactly what is needed of them and you give them a budget number

Jun 06 16 10:17 am Link