Forums > Newbie Forum > Tips for Artists (Oil Painter)

Artist/Painter

Santiago Perez

Boca Raton, Florida, US

Hi everyone, fairly new on here as I've just popped in and out. As my art career starts to emerge, I need to work more and more from the live model just like Old Masters did. Wanted to know if anyone can provide guidance for seeking models on here as the models that I've worked with don't fit the desired look I'm going for in my paintings. Things I'm looking for guidance in are the following:

1. Tips for approaching a model about prolonged poses (20 mins. at a time) for classical paintings.
2. Fair compensation and possible barter like a quality signed giclee print of the finished painting along with reduced hourly rate?
3. Legal issues to watch out for such as protecting myself and home from any accusations or anything like that.
4. Anything else you can provide.

Thank you!
Santiago

Jul 31 15 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello & Welcome to MM. smile

Sorry I have no personal experience of this, so can not give any advice.

However, maybe if you ask on the 'Photography Talk' Forum someone there might be able to help.

Anyway, All the Best to You. smile

Jul 31 15 09:58 pm Link

Model

Zoe Mattis

New York, New York, US

I'd suggest speaking with people at any local art schools, art teaching centers/galleries, and things of that sort. Most of these places have a few models who they regularly work with. (In my experience.) Good luck!

Aug 01 15 10:55 am Link