Forums > Newbie Forum > I'm so nervous for my first shoot in 4 years

Model

Bts

Tottenham, Ontario, Canada

So i took a 4 year break due to mamahood, and I've worked out throughout the past year (still working out), but my mama pooch/ tummy isn't toned, and is not flat like it use to be, I guess this is something I should feel beautiful about, but all i've seen is awesome killer tummy's. so any advice on things that work for sure to fix the mama tummy?

Jul 03 15 03:01 pm Link

Model

CatherineCampbell

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Being a mom is a beautiful thing.

I am not one smile BUT, I do teach kickboxing and train in many many other things. Google exercises for transverse abdominis muscle. That muscle is like a corset for your abdominals smile It's kind of hard to specifically target, but you can. A lot of Pilates exercises can help you with that lower tummy group of muscles too big_smile

Hope that helps a little!

Jul 03 15 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Spring

London, England, United Kingdom

I'm sure there are ways to build that muscle a little.... but, your skin has been stretched, come on it had a baby in there, you'll need a lot more than a bit of exercise to fill that gap again.

I suggest either get use to it and feel comfortable in yourself, after all if you haven't shot in 4 years this is not paying the bills.

or, have another baby, a nice big one to fill the gap.... it will work for a few months at least.

Have fun on your shoot and forget about the belly is my advice.

Jul 03 15 04:31 pm Link

Model

Bts

CatherineCampbell wrote:
Being a mom is a beautiful thing.

I am not one smile BUT, I do teach kickboxing and train in many many other things. Google exercises for transverse abdominis muscle. That muscle is like a corset for your abdominals smile It's kind of hard to specifically target, but you can. A lot of Pilates exercises can help you with that lower tummy group of muscles too big_smile

Hope that helps a little!

Thank you big_smile

Jul 03 15 08:39 pm Link

Model

Bts

Michael Spring wrote:
I'm sure there are ways to build that muscle a little.... but, your skin has been stretched, come on it had a baby in there, you'll need a lot more than a bit of exercise to fill that gap again.

I suggest either get use to it and feel comfortable in yourself, after all if you haven't shot in 4 years this is not paying the bills.

or, have another baby, a nice big one to fill the gap.... it will work for a few months at least.

Have fun on your shoot and forget about the belly is my advice.

thank you for the humor. smile

Jul 03 15 08:40 pm Link