Forums > Newbie Forum > New and tatted---eek!

Model

QuickShortStuff

Dallas, Texas, US

Tell me I have a future of more than just nudes and pinups. I'm Sarah guys, nice to be a part of the community! And despite my portfolio so far, I can promise you I do not prefer to have full on skull makeup all the time. They were just some of the only professional pictures I had of myself. On a scale of 1-Kate Moss experience wise, I'm a generous .02. I'm just not afraid of cameras and I want to showcase myself!

Tell me I'm not crazy. But if I am that's okay too smile

Jul 01 15 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

We cannot critique your portfolio outside the critique section, but since you don't have a lot of professional photos it probably wouldn't be as helpful at this point.

So what's wrong with pin-ups?

Being 5'3" is probably your biggest limiting factor, so get a rack and stretch yourself each evening. big_smile

The model in my avatar is 4'11", so height isn't a concern to me, but for the rest of the world ....

Newbie Advice

Jul 01 15 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

Pin-ups were used as illustrations in advertising when advertisers realized that guys would be more likely to look at an ad and then hopefully buy products that were recommended by beautiful women. Women want to be beautiful, so also will buy products recommended by beautiful women. The cliche sex sells was born. The current dogma in advertising is sex sells, and that won't change. So Pin-ups are a historic and continuing form of commercial photography as well as art.

You would most likely fall into the petite alternative category which is mostly going to be pin-up type stuff. This doesn't mean that you will never be able to do anything else, it is just a lot less likely.

Jul 02 15 08:00 am Link

Artist/Painter

MainePaintah

Saco, Maine, US

Like the above poster said, you need to put this in critique section for more reviews of your port.

From what I can see in your port, you are a very pretty "alternative" model with your tattoos and if you lived closer, I would love to paint a figure painting of you and  all your ink!  smile

Jul 02 15 08:20 am Link

Model

QuickShortStuff

Dallas, Texas, US

Filles de Pin-up wrote:
We cannot critique your portfolio outside the critique section, but since you don't have a lot of professional photos it probably wouldn't be as helpful at this point.

So what's wrong with pin-ups?

Being 5'3" is probably your biggest limiting factor, so get a rack and stretch yourself each evening. big_smile

The model in my avatar is 4'11", so height isn't a concern to me, but for the rest of the world ....

Newbie Advice

Thank you for the advice. And for the other comment as well. I think you're totally right smile

Jul 02 15 08:54 am Link

Model

QuickShortStuff

Dallas, Texas, US

MainePaintah wrote:
Like the above poster said, you need to put this in critique section for more reviews of your port.

From what I can see in your port, you are a very pretty "alternative" model with your tattoos and if you lived closer, I would love to paint a figure painting of you and  all your ink!  smile

You're too sweet! I think I will post it in the critique section, thank you!

Jul 02 15 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Put your thick skin on. People who post in the Critique section can get pretty mean sometimes.

Best of luck!

Jul 02 15 11:48 am Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello & Welcome to MM. smile

Jul 02 15 09:34 pm Link