Forums > Newbie Forum > New to MM, scams?

Model

traviskendall

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Hello all,

So as I have stated in the topic I am a new model to MM. I am aware that many new models get flooded with messages, but I am also having photographers ask to fly me out of state to work with them. Is that normal? Being new, I am just a little skeptical of the photographers out of state that message me. I was not offered cash up front or asked for my login info type stuff, but I am still trying to figure out the legitimate photographers. Pointers would be appreciated smile

- Kendall

Jun 29 15 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If you are being asked for login information you should report that to us -

Please use the "Flag this PM/Sender" feature found at the bottom of the message.
That even gives you the option to include the message that was sent to you so that we can take a look at that as well, no copying and pasting and all links will be intact.

Here is info on scams and should help you differentiate scams from legitimate messages -
Please see this video and read the article: 
Avoiding scams: The basics

Jun 29 15 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

traviskendall wrote:
Is that normal?

No.  Be careful.  Enjoy modeling but keep an eye out for scams. 

Welcome to the mayhem!

smile

Jun 29 15 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

One possibility is that the "photographer" will send you a check for plane fare plus extra to be forwarded to the wardrobe person.  The check will bounce and your bank will hold you responsible for the full amount.

Jun 29 15 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Photos_by_Stan

Youngstown, Ohio, US

Depends ...on the photographer and the state ...

I know for a fact, at least one legitimate Playboy photographer ( special editions )
that pays airfare to come to his location

It is quite common to pay airfare for adult work in videos

Airfare for basically unknown 'newbie' ... I have no personal first hand experience

- Research
- References

Jun 29 15 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Its ok if a photographer worldwide says hello, welcome, or nice portfolio. But it is unlikely that they would offer flights, especially to a newish model. So your right to be suspicious!

In any case, good luck with your modelling and welcome to MM. smile

Jun 29 15 10:01 pm Link