Forums > Newbie Forum > Are the Modeling/Actings Jobs pretty legit?

Model

Scarlett Fay

Los Angeles, California, US

Hey there!
I'm Semi new here, just wanted to say a quick hello. Looking for paid work up to $100 plus. Just wanted to know what some of your experiences have been and if there's any advice you could give me. Thank you for your time!

Scarlett Fay

May 25 15 05:56 am Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ello, Scarlett! I'm friends with one of the photographers you shot with, from the look of your portfolio; Great portfolio, very impressive credits.

100-150 an hour is quite common for many nude models on here, if they have a competitive and in demand look, a lot of skills and demand. There are traveling nude models that travel all over and charge about that, or more, city to city big_smile. So it can often be quite legit. Though for acting (while i'm not sure about the LA market; more so how it applies in Canada) that sounds a bit high..unless it's a very specific type of acting they don't allow on here (adult acting). If you're seeing acting rates of 600-800+ a day, I'm thinking they may be leaning more towards the adult acting genre.

The admins encourage contacting them if you receive those requests (here: https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod) so they can remove them.

May 25 15 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

Without giving a critique of your portfolio, I don't think it unreasonable  that a talented model willing to do nude modeling would be able to fetch $100/hr or so.

Avoiding Scams: The Basics
PM Flagging: A how-to guide
How to use Model Mayhem privacy options

Modeling Scams

Thoughts for newer models seeking to go full-time:

A lot of useful information is at New Models.

The Self-Made Model: Success Without Agencies

Thoughts of a Hobbyist Model

3rd list Mentor in Modeling

New theLIST & Top Drawer help Newbie Models

May 25 15 01:53 pm Link