Forums > Newbie Forum > New to using models

Photographer

Joefbs

Land O' Lakes, Florida, US

Hi all,

My name is Joe and I'm from Florida. I am fairly new photographer, been shooting for about two years, and I would like to start getting into the world of shooting models. Problem is, I am not sure how it works. Is there any information or advice that you guys might have on getting the ball rolling with models? What are their expectations going into a shoot?  Any help would be much appreciated!

Mar 25 15 09:51 am Link

Photographer

JosephZahnlePhotography

Caldwell, Idaho, US

Hello Joe

Welcome back to MM

Mar 25 15 10:44 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

I guess, I'd start with a search here, fill in all the parameters you need (don't forget to include the "has signed in within the last X number of days"! Otherwise, you get a lot of stale results), and find some models that you think fit the look you're wanting, then look at their ports, and see who's gonna be charging who, or if it's an even trade, or whatever. Fire off a few emails, and then wait and wait and wait, cuz a lot of models are flaky as hell! lol, but occasionally, one answers and things work out, next thing you know, the ball is already rolling! smile

hope that helps!

Mar 25 15 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello Joe,

Welcome to MM. smile

Mar 26 15 12:06 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

i wound up paying traveling nude models at first. then i paid local models. then i started doing TF (but had my fair share of flakes). eventually models started coming to me and the flakeage lessened.

network and get known within your local model photographer community. have you checked out zivity? that's another way to get models. some recruit in strip clubs.

Mar 26 15 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

robert b mitchell

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Welcome to the site. big_smile

Mar 26 15 08:18 pm Link