Forums > Newbie Forum > New to modeling with an agency question

Model

CreTheModel

Columbia, South Carolina, US

Hi! I am new to modeling! I am 25 and I did my first portfolio shoot back in late January!

I have a question. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Get Connected Talent is legit. I don't think they are a scam but I do feel they have some scammish ways.

I went to a casting call and they chose me out of 100 some women as the 1 of 18 they would help. They wanted me to order a year worth of comp cards or purchase a website through them. I didn't have the money at the time and they are still waiting on comp cards. I just can't see the purpose of needing a year worth of comp cards at once. I feel they were trying very hard to sell the website package.

Feb 25 15 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Professor X

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Google their name

Feb 25 15 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hi CreBeauty,

Welcome to MM. smile

Be very careful, it always wise to be suspicious and try to play safe.

Feb 25 15 11:45 pm Link

Model

Assimillano

Tangier, Tangier-Tétouan, Morocco

Welcome to MM CreBeauty big_smile
You can search about them in Google
Good luck to you

Feb 26 15 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Did you see 100 candidates at the Casting?...Or even 18?
Sounds like they don't get income from jobs you might get, so they are trying to get income directly from you!
From their website:
GetConnectedTalent.com is not an agency nor do we make our talent sign any type of modeling contract.
A year supply of cards sounds excessive. They want you to get 350 cards at a cost of $1 to $3 each, so $350 to $1,050
They expect you to pay on-going monthly fees for a webpage. They don't get you work, you search for it yourself.
They obviously (from their "manual") will want you to pay for "their" photographer, and take their "training courses". $$$

Actual established agencies are usually not looking for aspiring 5 foot 3 inch models.
For good info on Modeling, agencies. and "schools", go read everything at www.newmodels.com

Feb 27 15 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Renato Alberto

San Francisco, California, US

CreBeauty wrote:
Hi! I am new to modeling! I am 25 and I did my first portfolio shoot back in late January!

I have a question. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Get Connected Talent is legit. I don't think they are a scam but I do feel they have some scammish ways.

I went to a casting call and they chose me out of 100 some women as the 1 of 18 they would help. They wanted me to order a year worth of comp cards or purchase a website through them. I didn't have the money at the time and they are still waiting on comp cards. I just can't see the purpose of needing a year worth of comp cards at once. I feel they were trying very hard to sell the website package.

Do a Google search on the agency. I did, and there is a lot of information about the agency, and experiences from models that have signed with them and taken their "web package".
Suggest you do your homework. Best of luck to you.

Feb 27 15 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Renato Alberto wrote:
Do a Google search on the agency. I did, and there is a lot of information about the agency, and experiences from models that have signed with them and taken their "web package".
Suggest you do your homework. Best of luck to you.

They say right on their site that they are not an agency.

Feb 27 15 08:42 am Link

Model

J Jessica

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

You can opt to have your own comp cards created in order to avoid buying those.

Feb 27 15 09:43 am Link