Forums > Model Colloquy > Nude Models who Answer "No" in Profile

Model

Kandy Vert

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This is my nude account, and I have a "regular" account which I have checked "NO" for nudes because I promote myself as a Pageant Title Holder there. But if you click into my portfolio there are enough "implieds" that are basically nudes... So I think that also depends on what the model wants to portray themselves as on their portfolio.

Sep 08 14 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

There are plenty of other models to choose from.

Sep 08 14 10:31 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

The answer to that is in another thread.

Models have very different concepts of what "nudes" are. Some consider cleavage nude. Some consider an exposed breast, to be nude. Some consider exposed nipples to be nude. Some consider exposed genitals to be nude. Some are just so complicated, you can't really figure them out, at all.

The only way to solve that issue, is to actually define terms. In detail.

I see what you are talking about, all the time. Sometimes the model simply has a fine line, in that "implied" nudes are ok, but full nudes are not. What does that mean? It means the nipples cannot show, and the genitals cannot show,  in the images. It does not mean the model is not nude while posing.

That is why you must discuss such issues directly with the model, and be absolutely confident, that you fully understand the model's perceptions, and what they are comfortable with, or not comfortable with.

I agree, that those posting photos where they were obviously nude while posing, should not be saying they do NOT do nudes......the images say they DO. The point, however, is they need to clarify, that they do, yes, do nudes, but only where the nudity is implied in the images, and that nipples and genitals may not be shown in the images.

It would solve a LOT of problems in hiring models from the internet, if we could find some common ground on terms and definitions.

Sep 11 14 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Eyesso

Orlando, Florida, US

Because MM has a lot of creepy photographers and if you put "YES" you will become categorically searchable and get harassments from east to west coast and beyond. 

Models that put "No" and have zero nude photos still get asked to post nude.

Sep 11 14 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

dd photography

San Diego, California, US

Kandy Vert wrote:
This is my nude account, and I have a "regular" account which I have checked "NO" for nudes because I promote myself as a Pageant Title Holder there. But if you click into my portfolio there are enough "implieds" that are basically nudes... So I think that also depends on what the model wants to portray themselves as on their portfolio.

seems complicated

Sep 11 14 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Kandy Vert wrote:

ddphotography wrote:
seems complicated

Not really. When I look at the images she has posted, I would say she is fine with nudity, but prefers not to show genitals. She has chosen to do that, in all of her nude images.

You have to analyze.

Sep 11 14 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

dd photography

San Diego, California, US

that makes no sense either

Sep 11 14 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

SWFilmpro

Redondo Beach, California, US

dd photography wrote:

seems complicated

People are complicated.  And they usually make no sense.

They come with their own funny little ideas, hang-ups and many models (and photographers) have to protect themselves.  I know several photographers who do the same thing since some models insist they won't work with photographers who do nudes.

All you can do is respect people's boundaries.  And it never hurts to ask.

Sep 11 14 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

Based on conversations with models, it goes something like this:

They post limits to their shoots on MM to avoid dealing with certain types of photographers. Even then, a model might agree to an glamour nude shoot and arrive at the location only to see a table full of dildos from which she gets to choose. Or said model might specify no nudes, only to be pestered by photographers for the entire shoot.

Those models, sick of dealing with those types of events, just don't want to come up in MM searches. They'll approach photographers with whom they want to shoot, offer a reasonable rate, and everybody's happy. Except, of course, for the guys who weren't fortunate enough to be approached.

It's all just a response to the MM world view.

Sep 11 14 09:24 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

When I first started posing nude I was EXTREMELY picky with who I shot with and selected 'no' because I didn't want to get flooded with shoot offers that I didn't want to do.

Sep 12 14 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

NicoleNudes wrote:
When I first started posing nude I was EXTREMELY picky with who I shot with ............................

big_smile

Game is in November this year. wink

Sep 12 14 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

nudeXposed

Shanghai, Shanghai, China

you ask. simple.

Oct 01 14 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

The models simply don't want to be looked at, only on the basis of the fact they do nudes. The crazies are out there, and they are a pain to deal with.

On the other hand, they are turning off the for real photogs as well......no question about that.

I always look at the images........and if I don't see what I expect.......nothing said matters. Inconsistencies will be perceived as potential problems........including unpredictable behavior.

When the images match the profile, then there is some basis for discussion. Otherwise......simply move on.

Oct 01 14 04:11 pm Link

Model

John Carrasco

San Francisco, California, US

I put no as well, but basically would depend on assignment & if my physique is at its best at the time of assignment.

Oct 01 14 05:17 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

BLipman wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked 10000 times, but I am very curious... If a model is open to nudes/topless, but answers "no" on their profile, how do photographers find them to hire for projects? It seems odd to me.

They do not find them because they are likely exclusive in who they shoot with.

Jen

Oct 01 14 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Gene Cannon

Wendell, North Carolina, US

One reason that I have always thought is that the model is willing to do implied nude, topless or near totally nude; however, she does not want to pose totally nude. Maybe she figures that if she answers nude, that a photographer would automatically expect full nude.

Oct 02 14 03:08 am Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Cayleigh Chaos wrote:

Sometimes people no longer do nudes, but still have those photos from previous work in their portfolio.

This happens a lot I think here.  But the easiest way to find out, is just to ask that particular model.  You may get an answer like you provided or something else.  But yeah, I'd ask or just skip and go find a model who says yes, she does do nudes and has nudes in their port.

Oct 02 14 09:28 am Link

Photographer

ms-photo

Portland, Oregon, US

Because they want to be selective about who they will shoot nudes with.

Oct 03 14 12:24 am Link

Model

Shilo Von Porcelaine

Los Angeles, California, US

I shoot nudes, but I have a "no" on here because of the amount of creepers/GWCs I don't want hitting me up.

If someone does their research and really wants to work with me, they will see I do shoot nudes, just very selectively.

Oct 05 14 04:25 am Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Shilo Von Porcelaine wrote:
I shoot nudes, but I have a "no" on here because of the amount of creepers/GWCs I don't want hitting me up.

If someone does their research and really wants to work with me, they will see I do shoot nudes, just very selectively.

Precisely!

I was one of those who lobbied for a "Shoots Nudes" choice only to find that once it was instituted the models who tried it soon started to answer no for just this reason.  So now I do what I did before we had this option--I review the model's portfolio and profile for indications that she might be selectively available for nudes-- hints like nudes in her portfolio, website or favorites lists, selecting genres that often involve nudity such as art, body paint, erotic, fetish, etc. or statements in her profile that she is open to nudes selectively.  Then I send a PM with what I hope will be enough information to make the inquiry interesting but not in any way demanding, and we go from there, just as we would for any other genre.

If the model is worth shooting, it's worth a little bit of legwork in the selection process.

All IMHO as always, of course.

Oct 05 14 06:55 am Link

Model

Victoria Morrisa

New York, New York, US

I am a Playboy model and I selected "No" in my profile because I will only pose nude for Playboy or other very prestigious brands, such as Vogue and the like. I address that in my About Me.

Oct 05 14 06:32 pm Link