Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > What should I do next?

Model

Monique S C

Mesa, Arizona, US

Hello all. I feel like a brand new model. I started in my teens but stopped & now that I'n 23 & finally very serious about pursuing my dreams, I now understand that whole "you lose some, and you win some" phrase. But moving on.....I have alot of ideas, so far I have done swimsuit, boudoir, & something exotic. Your welcome to let me know what you think of my work so far. I have more up my sleeves......but what type of shoot do you suggest next? Details, pictures, descriptions appreciated.....

Aug 12 14 01:35 am Link

Photographer

Wendy Hurst Portrait

Riverton, Utah, US

Monique S C wrote:
Hello all. I feel like a brand new model. I started in my teens but stopped & now that I'n 23 & finally very serious about pursuing my dreams, I now understand that whole "you lose some, and you win some" phrase. But moving on.....I have alot of ideas, so far I have done swimsuit, boudoir, & something exotic. Your welcome to let me know what you think of my work so far. I have more up my sleeves......but what type of shoot do you suggest next? Details, pictures, descriptions appreciated.....

Hi Monique. A few things...

First, the image you've chosen as your avatar is, in my opinion at least, not the best representation of what you can do. All those flat surfaces compete for the main focus--your face--and your armpit, like all armpits, isn't super glamorous. I like this one much better:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140902/23/5406b503dd4bf_m.jpg

For your next shoot I'd love to see something with more energy. Maybe borrow a trampoline and have someone squirt a hose at you while you jump in the air. Shots like that are guaranteed to give your portfolio some punch.

Good luck!

Sep 10 14 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Perceptive Portraits wrote:

Hi Monique. A few things...

First, the image you've chosen as your avatar is, in my opinion at least, not the best representation of what you can do. All those flat surfaces compete for the main focus--your face--and your armpit, like all armpits, isn't super glamorous. I like this one much better:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140902/23/5406b503dd4bf_m.jpg

For your next shoot I'd love to see something with more energy. Maybe borrow a trampoline and have someone squirt a hose at you while you jump in the air. Shots like that are guaranteed to give your portfolio some punch.

Good luck!

+1

But just one worthless opinion.   smile

Sep 11 14 03:46 pm Link