Forums > Newbie Forum > The "Big Buddy" thread

Photographer

RDclicks

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Thanks for this thread . Hope to get some help from experts .

Sep 24 14 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Let me point out again, if you want help from a Big Buddy, you must select one from those who have offered to help and ask for it by copying the form AND SENDING IT TO THE SPECIFIC BIG BUDDY via PM.  Big Buddies are not permitted to solicit Little Buddies.

Sep 24 14 05:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SherryHarkisan

Leicester, England, United Kingdom

Sorry I just read the last post...

Oct 01 14 02:46 am Link

Model

Ilya Schroeder

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Post hidden on Dec 10, 2014 10:54 am
Reason: other
Comments:
No Longer Needed

Oct 24 14 07:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

gabriellejamesmua

London, England, United Kingdom

Dec 27 14 04:59 am Link

Model

Author EJ Acosta

El Paso, Texas, US

IS THIS HYDROXY CUT CASTING LEGIT? https://www.modelmayhem.com/site_messages/50271

Dec 29 14 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Author EJ Acosta wrote:
IS THIS HYDROXY CUT CASTING LEGIT? https://www.modelmayhem.com/site_messages/50271

A more appropriate place to post this question would be https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/937902 where there is some information posted already.  Please visit that thread for the existing information.

This thread is only for information on finding a Big Buddy.  Please read the initial posting for details.

Dec 29 14 06:40 pm Link

Model

VincentChiantelli

STEVENSON RANCH, California, US

Ill look up a BB. Thanks smile

Jan 23 15 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey T Rue

Saint Pete Beach, Florida, US

Hi!  My name's Jeffrey Rue AKA Manic Panda and I have Traveled the world and been Blessed.

I’m an experienced well rounded Retired Professional who may or may not want to help out  (once in a while) and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started. (Retirement is BORING!!)

I’d be especially helpful in terms of things like Photography, Agencies Standards, Print, Portfolios (still and Video ~ the combination of both), Editing (Adobe, Final Cut Vegas, AVID, etc..) Design/Copyright law and infringement, Textiles, Staging Meet and Greets. management, you name it.

To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number #408706 in the box in the upper right hand corner of your screen and send me a private message or Tweeeeet-me ~ Jeffrey Rue (@JeffreyRue)

***Understand, this is an offer to help from an individual member of Model Mayhem******

This is not a program of Model Mayhem, nor Mine.  Model Mayhem nor do I, neither endorses nor opposes such contact between members and denies absolutely any responsibility for the outcome of any such interaction. (Me Either)

Jan 29 15 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Renato Alberto

San Francisco, California, US

Hi!, My name's Renato Alberto.
I’m a photographer and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started. I could be especially helpful in terms of
things like LIGHTING setups, MODELS, TESTING, STUDIO Photography, OUTDOOR Photography, Portfolios, Business Management, dealing with Agencies, etc. you name it, I have probably gone through it, and have dealt with it in my 20+ years of being in this business.
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number 1098389
in the box in the upper right hand corner of your screen and send me a private message.
If you are a photographer, a model, or a stylists you are welcome to contact me, and I will be more then happy to help and share with you any of my knowledge and experiences.
smile

Understand, this is an offer to help from an individual member of Model Mayhem, not a program of Model Mayhem.  Model Mayhem neither endorses nor opposes such contact between members and denies absolutely any responsibility for the outcome of any such interaction.

Jan 29 15 07:47 am Link

Photographer

A. I. Studios

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Hey, I am Alan Ibra, Photographer.

I am welling to help with Posing, Moves, and the most difficult aspect of modeling, Hand Placement. I will also show you how to give the photog more posing opportunities. How to gracefully move from one pose to another.

Welling to help with Profile writing and editing to come across as a pro, will also help with your portfolio as far as what pictures to keep and what to delete.

I will show you how to get the most out of MM and how to get the necessary exposure within the comunity.

If my schedule allows, I might offer a free shooting session with edited pictures.

Click on my Avi on the left of this post to reach me.

Good luck.

Feb 15 15 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

A. I. Studios

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Mods:

Not everyone know about forums, not every new model knows about this post.

It would be great service to the community to:

1) send link to this post to every model that signs up.

2) send it to every model that signed with MM over the past 3~6 month (one time deal on the part of MM)

Feb 15 15 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Moderator Note!
I am a little bit concerned that some of the posts here are getting a little bit off topic.  We should probably stick to the buddy list and providing answers to the information requested.

Feb 16 15 09:23 pm Link

Model

Telliey Renee

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Feb 21 15 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Essnce Photography

Elmwood Park, New Jersey, US

Hi!  My name's Filip Z (Essnce Photography)
I’m a  photographer and videographer and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started.  I’d be especially helpful in terms of
things like finding new people to collaborate with, getting more exposure, and getting the most out of MM
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number: 3615979
in the box in the upper right hand corner of your screen
and send me a private message.
Understand, this is an offer to help from an individual member of Model Mayhem, not a program of Model Mayhem.  Model Mayhem neither endorses nor opposes such contact between members and denies absolutely any responsibility for the outcome of any such interaction.

Feb 23 15 08:59 am Link

Model

John Carrasco

San Francisco, California, US

My name is John Carrasco,

I’m a alternative/art model and wouldnt mind helping a newbie get started.  I’d be especially helpful in terms of .. Working on your porfolio, participate in the Forum Contests. (I host a few, many to pick from).
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number 1895681 in the box in the upper right hand corner of your screen and send me a private message.

Thank you.

Mar 22 15 06:43 pm Link

Model

johnvarkados

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Hi!  My name's John Varkados. I’m a model and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started.  I’d be especially helpful in terms of things like modeling opportunities
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number   # 3668714

Apr 29 15 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Penumbra Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Hi!  My name's Kimberly (Penumbra Photography),

I’m a Freelance Photographer and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started.  I’d be especially helpful in terms of things like: Studio photography, Lighting techniques and styles, the what and how of post work, Creativity, gathering materials and ideas for a shoot, getting a team together, how to approach models, and some basic information on approaching an agency.

To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number: 2380988 in the box in the upper right hand corner of your screen and send me a private message.

I've been working with a local agency, so I have a bit of knowledge to share in regards to photographers approaching agencies. I am also a purely trade photographer, so I don't get paid, nor do I pay my team, so I can help others who are interested in learning how I set up shoots without offering monetary gain. I've been shooting for about 6 years, so I have a bit of knowledge to share in regards to getting comfortable with your camera and lights, as well as setting up a home studio. I have a good relationship with all of my models and I can shed a lot of light on the subject of approaching models and how to make them feel as comfortable as possible at a shoot, as well as giving directions and posing models. Feel free to contact me any time with questions, and if you are local, I am always open to one on one training sessions.

Apr 29 15 01:52 pm Link

Model

Deathena

Geelong, Victoria, Australia

May 17 15 03:47 am Link

Model

gingerpaquette

Portland, Maine, US

[url]"http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/38560306"[url]

May 30 15 07:07 pm Link

Model

gingerpaquette

Portland, Maine, US

What am I doing wrong when trying to post a photo?

May 30 15 07:08 pm Link

Model

Brionnal

Pennsville, New Jersey, US

Hi, My name is Brionna
My MM number is #3518078
I’m a newbie model and I’d like you to be my Big Buddy.  I especially need help with: castings
I understand that this is strictly a member-to-member service.     It is an absolutely free activity in which you are offering to assist newbies.  (If you attempt to charge me a fee for any activity in which you may engage in connection with being my Big Buddy, I will not pay it and I will immediately Contact A Mod (https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod) to report the incident.

May 31 15 01:19 pm Link

Model

CedellaStrange

Long Prairie, Minnesota, US

Hi,
My name is Kristen
My MM number is 3692539
I’m a newbie Model
and I’d like you to be my Big Buddy.  I especially need help with:
different facial expressions/emotions, building a portfolio, and creativity smile

I understand that this is strictly a member-to-member service.     It is an absolutely free activity in which you are offering to assist newbies.  (If you attempt to charge me a fee for any activity in which you may engage in connection with being my Big Buddy, I will not pay it and I will immediately Contact A Mod (https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod) to report the incident.)    It is not a program offered, supervised or administered by Model Mayhem, its management, administrators or moderators.  I hold Model Mayhem, Internet Brands and all it’s management and administrative team harmless as a result of my requesting the assistance of a Big Buddy.

Thank you.

Jul 10 15 10:31 pm Link

Model

Ador Lovejoy

Southfield, Michigan, US

Hi,
My name is Nayla Lovejoy
My MM number is 3707354
I’m a newbie Model.
and I'm looking for someone to be my Big Buddy.  I especially need help with: bookings, photoshoots, and castings.

I understand that this is strictly a member-to-member service.     It is an absolutely free activity in which you are offering to assist newbies. It is not a program offered, supervised or administered by Model Mayhem, its management, administrators or moderators.  I hold Model Mayhem, Internet Brands and all it’s management and administrative team harmless as a result of my requesting the assistance of a Big Buddy.

Thank you.

Aug 07 15 10:02 am Link

Photographer

RobnKester

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Great idea for a thread! This site and industry are very overwhelming to me so having someone guide me is a very nice plus.

Aug 07 15 05:27 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Lore-el TheStylist

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

This is awesome. I will be using this in the future once I find who it is that I think will be able to help me most. Thank you!

Aug 10 15 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

DAVIDCOHEN

Athens, Attikí, Greece

Hi!  My name's David Cohen
I’m a photographer and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started.  I’d be especially helpful in terms of
things like modelling, expression, shootings etc.
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number     3745088

Aug 15 15 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

https://oi59.tinypic.com/fncx92.jpg
Hi!  My name's Fred Norris of Flex Photography.
I’m an experienced photographer, and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started. 
I’d be especially helpful in terms of things like "trade" shoots for portfolio building, portraits, outdoor shooting in all conditions, safety and shoot tips, and the workings of Model Mayhem.
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number  347944 in the box in the upper right hand corner of your screen, and send me a private message. (Include the completed form above, for those seeking a Big Buddy)

Welcome!

Sep 04 15 07:20 pm Link

Model

DDR

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Hello,

My name is Deborah Rock, my MM #3711456 and I am a new model. I would love help with casting, networking and building my portfolio. I may be new but I'm passionate and take this seriously. I am open to learning and would truly love the chance to break into the modeling world.

Thank you for the help.

Sep 07 15 09:26 pm Link

Model

DianaDeadRose

Eastlake, Ohio, US

Hi!  My name's Diana
I’m a model and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started.  I’d be especially helpful in terms of
things like creativity.
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number # 3738940

Sep 18 15 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Colorado Figures

Loveland, Colorado, US

Greetings,
My name is Steve of Colorado Figures Photography and would like to be a Big Buddy to help others if I can.  I have recently helped a few new photography models and it is quite enjoyable to see them to start achieving their modeling aspirations.  I also organize workshops (no charge) for art models for the benefit of both models and artists and am pleased with the results.  And I am happy to recommend models to other artists, art classes and photographers.  I am still learning about the many Model Mayhem tools but am happy to share my experiences with anyone that wishes. 

My Model Mayhem number is: 3396318
Link to my profile:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/3396318
Link to my portfolio:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/3396318/viewall

Oct 22 15 07:42 am Link

Photographer

LivingMuse Photography

Dallas, Texas, US

Hi!  My name's _Tessa_
I’m a photographer and I’d like to be a Big Buddy to help a newbie get started.  I’d be especially helpful in terms of
things like how to get published, and how to handle more editorial/commercial work.
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number     3602133

Nov 11 15 10:17 am Link

Model

Jade Ileah

Chicago, Illinois, US

HI I'm new to Model Mayhem, well modeling in general. I'm looking to network, gain some experience in the industry, and work my way up. I'm open to getting some advice and getting constructive criticism if anybody has any. Thanks smile

Dec 15 15 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mtas Photo

Los Angeles, California, US

My name is: Scott Lewis
My MM number is: 3735929
I’m a newbie (Model, Photographer, MUA, etc.) Photographer
Outdoor Lighting Ratios (ambient vs flash), Light Placement, and Networking

I understand that this is strictly a member-to-member service.     It is an absolutely free activity in which you are offering to assist newbies.  (If you attempt to charge me a fee for any activity in which you may engage in connection with being my Big Buddy, I will not pay it and I will immediately Contact A Mod (https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod) to report the incident.)    It is not a program offered, supervised or administered by Model Mayhem, its management, administrators or moderators.  I hold Model Mayhem, Internet Brands and all it’s management and administrative team harmless as a result of my requesting the assistance of a Big Buddy.

Thank you.

Dec 17 15 10:29 am Link

Model

mzlee33

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Hi,
My name is _Leesha.
My MM number is ___3844144.
I’m a newbie (Model, Photographer, MUA, etc.) Model
how to break into the industry, how to market myself, what direction I should take with my look/branding, portfolio building, bio.

Thank you.

Feb 03 16 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

RTE Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Hi!  My name's Tommy Estridge_______________________
things like natural light shooting, and working with new models.
To check out my portfolio and contact me just type my MM number 125570

Feb 03 16 09:29 pm Link

Model

kimberlyparker116

Los Angeles, California, US

Feb 07 16 07:56 pm Link

Model

Modified Rabbit

Carrollton, Kentucky, US

Hi,
My name is Modified Rabbit
My MM number is 2961087
I’m a Model
Makeup. I can do decent makeup but id LOVE to learn a bit more to do better with more normal looks, rather than just fantasy type stuff. I wing it when it comes to using my makeup and dont really know much about it. Id like to learn how to contour and other such things. I think itd REALLY help with the quality of my looks. Especially since there arent as many MUA's in my area that can do what id like with the fantasy looks.

Thank you.

Mar 02 16 04:28 am Link

Model

kristin_berube

Orlando, Florida, US

Hi,
My name is ___Kristin
My MM number is ___3898934
I’m a newbie (Model, Photographer, MUA, etc.) ___Model
_____How to set up rates for different types of photoshoots

Thank you.

Apr 03 16 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

NYO STUDIO

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Its june 19, 2016, i don't see any current big buddy posting. i would not mind getting some help from a big buddy, but i am not sure if the ones who have posted a few months/years ago are still interested, or overwhelmed by requests to become big buddies for individuals.

i guess i could go spam 5 a day, and see who responds.

another thing i can do is request anyone reading this, if you want to be a "REALLY BIG BUDDY" can you please post to this forum and i can send you a request to be my Buddy. (as per the rules of this thread, feel sorry for Ray Fine Art)

i'm sorry, pardon my rudeness, did i forget to say "HELLO EVERYONE!!"

Jun 18 16 10:04 pm Link