Retoucher

Simona84

Reggio di Calabria, Calabria, Italy

Hello everyone smile I need advice on my editing. I have not used the technique of D & B because I can not use it .. if someone can explain to me the simple and detailed thank him. smile

work large: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/254/ritocco.png

photographer: Bill Jones MM#440325

Jun 28 10 08:54 am Link

Retoucher

Krunoslav Stifter

Santa Cruz, California, US

Help me out here, are you communicating trough Google translate service, again?

Why not!

- She seems too sharp. This is a bit problematic when it comes to the skin area. Use Gaussian blur set to 0,2 px radius and paint in the effect over the skin area to give it more softness. The rest of can remain the way it is. The shine of the skin will also blend better.
- Necklines, and folding skin around the armpits. You need to fix that.
- Warning! Her left nipple is showing.
- Her bra, too - on both sides.
- The veins are not very faltering. Chest area.
- By removing the flyaways, edges of the hair look unnatural. Leave some of the flyways or slightly blur the edges to give it more natural look. The edges of the mask also still contain the traces of the lighter original background. Some banding too.
- Her hair could use some more clean up. Here and there.
- Her eyes could use a bit of light.
- There is a trace of darker line above her shoulders
- The original gradient and light source, actually looks better for this image.
- You have lost some details in the shadows. Original has it. If it's a RAW file than it definitely has it.

I'm probably missing some things, but those are the ones I see right away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let see how Google, deals with this one. big_smile

Jun 28 10 09:30 am Link

Retoucher

Simona84

I am translating it with google tongue

I want to learn as much D & B. Are still the classic tutorial blur that do not give the same results I see in other portfolios ..

Jun 28 10 09:39 am Link

Retoucher

Krunoslav Stifter

Santa Cruz, California, US

Concentrate on the language barrier first.

Jun 28 10 09:43 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Simona84 wrote:
I want to learn as much D & B. Are still the classic tutorial blur that do not give the same results I see in other portfolios ..

D&B takes time.

The first thing I notice is the eyes, this model has beautiful eyes and you can't see this in the image because of the little light in them.

The colors are off, tones are different everywhere

I disagree with Krunoslav-Stifter since the sharpening was done after the retouch (I'm presuming) you can sharpen less and more selectively.

You have banding in the BG where you painted (always add a bit of noise) and the face looks cut out. (You have a white halo all around, probably accentuated by the sharpening) and the edges are too hard.

My advice would be to work on fine texture first - healing, cloning-  making it even and more appealing.
Then work on the carving - medium first D&B -
Big shadow/light inconsistencies after that - Also D&B.

Then crop closer and fix the armpits.

x

Jun 28 10 07:03 pm Link

Retoucher

Simona84

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:

D&B takes time.

The first thing I notice is the eyes, this model has beautiful eyes and you can't see this in the image because of the little light in them.

The colors are off, tones are different everywhere

I disagree with Krunoslav-Stifter since the sharpening was done after the retouch (I'm presuming) you can sharpen less and more selectively.

You have banding in the BG where you painted (always add a bit of noise) and the face looks cut out. (You have a white halo all around, probably accentuated by the sharpening) and the edges are too hard.

My advice would be to work on fine texture first - healing, cloning-  making it even and more appealing.
Then work on the carving - medium first D&B -
Big shadow/light inconsistencies after that - Also D&B.

Then crop closer and fix the armpits.

x

thanks .. but it is too vague as advice. That's why I want to help more. The classic methods do not give the result I want to get ...

Jun 29 10 12:52 am Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Simona84 wrote:
thanks .. but it is too vague as advice. That's why I want to help more. The classic methods do not give the result I want to get ...

Hey Simona, ciao bellisima! Te bisogno a spendere piu tempo sulla pelle. Guarire un molto imperfezioni, non fare clone, distrugge tessuto e fa enfasi sugli occhi e le labbra.

El Oochi a labbra sono piu importante lei ha lasciato qui.

Hope esso aiuti te. Te ha bisogno di a imparare a scansare bruciatura comprare un buono DVD.

Te deve lavorare piu: guarire delle rughe, guarire delle macchie sull'orecchio, aggiustare il reggiseno, capezzolo visibile, pelle troppo affilata.

P.S.
My Italian is still babyish! haha I know some sentences will look crazy, but that's the best I could write. I am confident you will understand me. big_smile

Jun 29 10 09:17 pm Link

Retoucher

Versiontwo Fine Art

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Krunoslav-Stifter wrote:
Concentrate on the language barrier first.

facepalm.

Jun 30 10 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

RJA Photography

Welland, Ontario, Canada

Simona84 wrote:

The results you want to get takes time. You can not expect to do expert editing with little experience. (I say little experience because you've only been on the site for a month.)

Watch free Internet videos on YouTube and on podcasts like http://photoshopusertv.com/. They have lots of good hints if you can understand their english. (Don't worry if you don't understand there jokes, they aren't for everybody. :p)

Jun 30 10 11:33 pm Link

Retoucher

GabrieleMonte

Padova, Veneto, Italy

Ashish Arora wrote:
P.S.
My Italian is still babyish! haha I know some sentences will look crazy, but that's the best I could write. I am confident you will understand me. big_smile

hahaha lol They do a bit wink
But it's pretty understandable big_smile

Jul 01 10 01:13 am Link

Retoucher

Simona84

RJA Photography wrote:

The results you want to get takes time. You can not expect to do expert editing with little experience. (I say little experience because you've only been on the site for a month.)

Watch free Internet videos on YouTube and on podcasts like http://photoshopusertv.com/. They have lots of good hints if you can understand their english. (Don't worry if you don't understand there jokes, they aren't for everybody. :p)

o_O..the site is useful .. but explains nothing of D & B.. O_o

Jul 01 10 02:29 am Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Simona84 wrote:
o_O..the site is useful .. but explains nothing of D & B.. O_o

Bellisima! Acquisto questo:

http://www.digitalphotoshopretouching.c … ials-dvd-2

Suo in Inglesi, ma suo il meglio DVD per il Balzo & Brucia Tecniche. Il suo da Natalia Taffarel.

Gabriele M89 wrote:
But it's pretty understandable

That was my point actually, crazy stuff, but with a meaning. wink

Jul 01 10 02:56 am Link

Digital Artist

Marios Art

Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia

Im not sure what you want get help with

Jul 09 10 09:38 am Link