Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Left Shot Rocks, Right Shot Sucks, But Why???

Photographer

Shon D.- Beauté

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/GiftFromVirgo/RETOUCHCOLLAGE1.jpg

It's not so much that the right soht SUCKS ( I love it.) But after editing, there's just something about ths tones or something that I can't really grasp that I love about the shot on the left and it's missing from the rightside shot. Am I crazy? Do y'all see it? What can I do to improve? (Feel free to tell me what you think about either shot, as I'm sure BOTH could be better...) FTR, I'm not finished editing either shot.

Jun 14 10 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Ross Clark

Mansfield, Ohio, US

The blue cast in the highlights on the chest (right pic) are very off-putting...........

Jun 14 10 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Shon D.- Beauté

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Ross Clark wrote:
The blue cast in the highlights on the chest (right pic) are very off-putting...........

That's so weird. I see them sometimes, but not all the time. Like in photoshop, it looks pretty normal to me. But in other applications I kiiiinda see it. WTF?!

But even still, there's something about the face that I can't seem to get right in the second shot.

Jun 14 10 07:22 am Link

Retoucher

KKP Retouching

Anaheim, California, US

It's all about the color pallette.  The left photo has warm tones with yellows, reds, etc... but then the right photo throws in a bright/heavy red/purple lip and blue/green fabric.  It clashes, while the left photo is a cohesive image.

Jun 14 10 11:54 am Link

Photographer

S Lawrence Photo 2

York, South Carolina, US

You didn't use Portrait Professional to edit this shot did you? It has been known to create a bluish tone to the skin area for reasons unknown....

Jun 14 10 11:56 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I saw a couple of things, starting from the crop.

is this better? (this was done in a few minutes and I saved the psd just incase)

https://www.nataliataffarel.com/adj.jpg

x

Jun 14 10 02:45 pm Link

Retoucher

R E T O U C H - MM

London, England, United Kingdom

deffinately the crop like natalia shows

and in my opinion the one on the left is more "stand out" because of the colour of the scalf, the yellow/red/black contrasts nice, the other scalf colours look a little more clashy/blendy/not as poppy.. if that makes sense LOL
x

Jun 14 10 03:29 pm Link