Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > I think I'm on the right track? First retouch

Retoucher

SO_Retouch

London, England, United Kingdom

OK totally ignoring my last 'retouching' post.
This is a serious one so I count it as my first one.
I really tried hard and am proud I finished it and didn't give up! big_smile

I still have A LOT to learn and adapt though.

Here's the preview and the rollover is on my deviant art page.

( PS If anyone knows the photographer tell me please! I totally forgot where I saved it from on here, so I can rename and credit TY )

https://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af75/Sandy_1987/modelmayhemretouch.jpg

http://unsteadypixel.deviantart.com/art … -166849082

Jun 07 10 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Divinity Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I'm not a Photoshop Wizard, but I love it. I especially like the way you edited out the distracting reflections in the glasses. I think, though, that her lower cheek needs some more work. It still has some skin... lines? that ruins the smooth look of her skin. Also, he upper lip looks almost like it was blurred, and it looks off to me.

Jun 07 10 08:08 pm Link

Retoucher

Eva Ubani

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The photographer is Cristian Mihai #668415

Jun 07 10 10:50 pm Link

Retoucher

SO_Retouch

Divinity Photography wrote:
I'm not a Photoshop Wizard, but I love it. I especially like the way you edited out the distracting reflections in the glasses. I think, though, that her lower cheek needs some more work. It still has some skin... lines? that ruins the smooth look of her skin. Also, he upper lip looks almost like it was blurred, and it looks off to me.

Yeah I totally got stuck on how to get rid of ' face fluff' sad and I haven't used blur at all in this image but somehow I think I went over the top with the lips :p
All in good practice!

THANKS Eva

Jun 08 10 05:24 am Link

Retoucher

R E T O U C H - MM

Theres too much blur you can see the "dark shadowing" around the sunglasses, and forehead where it was masked out near dark areas,  and lips are reallly blurry, I think maybe start over with just complete d&b'ing would be best for that photo  X

Jun 08 10 06:58 am Link

Retoucher

SO_Retouch

StaceyMarie-Retouch wrote:
Theres too much blur you can see the "dark shadowing" around the sunglasses, and forehead where it was masked out near dark areas,  and lips are reallly blurry, I think maybe start over with just complete d&b'ing would be best for that photo  X

hmm I seriously haven't used blur once and I just went slightly to retouch happy on the lips ( must control that :p )big_smile

But no blur whatsoever , high pass and some D&B and the usual random adjustments as I went along.

Jun 08 10 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Internos Photography

San Jose, California, US

Looks good.

A few comments:
Watch the transitions between textures that are in and out of focus (above her eyes).
Her lips look like they are glowing.
The areas where you transformed the background against the original image have rough borders (especially around the hair and cheek).
Why not reduce the glare on the rest of the glasses?

Jun 08 10 04:11 pm Link