Forums > Newbie Forum > Advice!

Model

Kathryn T

Miami, Florida, US

Hey to all...I have to say this site is amazing. many castings and networking info all over the world in this website. but i do have a couple questions and/or adivce i would like to kno..soo here it goes

1. I am new to the modeling/acting buisness and i dont know exactly what to start off with to begin getting jobs.

2. I have been to an agency that said they would take me with a comp card..which i do not have. should i hire their photographer, or find my own, or look at another agency?

3. I live in Orlando and more interested in acting than modeling, so are there any agencies I should specifically look at for those qualities or any agencies i should definately stay away from?

thats pretty much it...any help to any of these are appericated. Names would be extremly helpful!! thanks for your time..

ps.

4. What do all the TFP, MUA , etc. stand for? i know its make up artist, but that pretty much all i know.

thanks!! smile
-Kiki-

May 31 06 12:33 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Kathryn T wrote:
1. I am new to the modeling/acting buisness and i dont know exactly what to start off with to begin getting jobs.

This is a good place to start if you want to find modeling jobs. There are a ton of great photographers on here. The great ones probably won't shoot with you until you get some better shots, but you can easily either work your way up with TFP or you can start out paying a really good photographer to help build your portfolio. Paying is the better option if you want to make a career of this and don't want to waste a lot of time.

Kathryn T wrote:
2. I have been to an agency that said they would take me with a comp card..which i do not have. should i hire their photographer, or find my own, or look at another agency?

We can't really advise you on this without more information. Your best bet is to do lots of research. Look them up on google and ask around on here to see if they're a reputable agency. Talk to models that are already signed with them and see if they're actually getting work. If it sounds like they're legit then you could use their photographer or find your own. Again...we can't know without more details. If their photographer is charging some obscene amount of money then find your own.

Kathryn T wrote:
3. I live in Orlando and more interested in acting than modeling, so are there any agencies I should specifically look at for those qualities or any agencies i should definately stay away from?

I'd love to help on this one, but I don't know a thing about agencies in Orlando.

Kathryn T wrote:
4. What do all the TFP, MUA , etc. stand for? i know its make up artist, but that pretty much all i know.

TFP is time for print...it means no money exchanges hands...the payment for both model an photographer is the pictures (you'll have to ask the photographer for specific details regarding how many prints you'll get and all that other stuff). TFCD is the same thing except that instead of actual prints you'll get a CD with the images...again...the quality and quantity of the photos will depend on the photographer. If you have anything else you want to know feel free to ask and I'll help in any way I can (I don't know everything, but it seemed like no one else was replying, so I figured I'd tell you what I could)

May 31 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

^^^ Everything she said ^^^

(Hi K.)

May 31 06 09:07 pm Link

Model

Kathryn T

Miami, Florida, US

thanks so much kaitlin for your help! good words to go by.
smile

Jun 01 06 09:54 pm Link