Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Insane Clown Posse/Sting face paint

Model

Miss Okjoo

Posts: 52

Framingham, Massachusetts, US

Does anyone know what king of facepaint these guys use? Where can I get some?

Sep 08 09 04:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynthia ORourke

Posts: 1435

New York, New York, US

Do you have a photo or link?

Sep 08 09 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Kings Media Photos

Posts: 1939

Fullerton, California, US

I think this is the sting she is talking about
https://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Tylwalk/2006/04/17/sting.jpg

ICP
https://www.kdalfm.com/readonlydir/WNUpload/TheBridgeConcerts/insane%20clown%20posse.jpg

Sep 08 09 04:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Posts: 5105

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Kings Media wrote:
I think this is the sting she is talking about
https://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Tylwalk/2006/04/17/sting.jpg

ICP
https://www.kdalfm.com/readonlydir/WNUpload/TheBridgeConcerts/insane%20clown%20posse.jpg

any kind of Black and  white clown make-up would work....

Ben Nye http://www.bennye.com/         

Mehron  http://www.mehron.com/Clown_Makeup_s/3.htm

Kryolan http://www.sillyfarm.com/kryolan.html

Wolfe Face... http://www.sillyfarm.com/wolfe.html

Proface http://www.sillyfarm.com/clownmakeup.html

snazaroo http://www.snazaroo.com/

try google next time or the thread search option... its a big time saver...

Sep 08 09 04:45 pm Link

Model

Miss Okjoo

Posts: 52

Framingham, Massachusetts, US

That's them. Thanks!

Sep 08 09 04:45 pm Link

Model

Miss Okjoo

Posts: 52

Framingham, Massachusetts, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
any kind of Black and  white clown make-up would work....

Ben Nye http://www.bennye.com/         

Mehron  http://www.mehron.com/Clown_Makeup_s/3.htm

Kryolan http://www.sillyfarm.com/kryolan.html

Wolfe Face... http://www.sillyfarm.com/wolfe.html

Proface http://www.sillyfarm.com/clownmakeup.html

snazaroo http://www.snazaroo.com/

try google next time or the thread search option... its a big time saver...

I've tried a lot of different clown makeup over the years but most of it seems to run or clump.

Sep 08 09 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Kings Media Photos

Posts: 1939

Fullerton, California, US

Miss Okjoo wrote:
That's them. Thanks!

smile IMA STING FAN!

Sep 08 09 04:47 pm Link

Model

Miss Okjoo

Posts: 52

Framingham, Massachusetts, US

Kings Media wrote:

smile IMA STING FAN!

WHOOOOOOOOO!

Sep 08 09 04:48 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Posts: 3113

Brooklyn, New York, US

Miss Okjoo wrote:
I've tried a lot of different clown makeup over the years but most of it seems to run or clump.

quality clown makeup? The look is definitely achievable with the products listed above. As with most things. It is the application that is more important than the product.

Sep 08 09 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Pawlak

Posts: 2831

New York, New York, US

I would not recommend it, but this clown uses HOUSEPAINT !!:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid … up_id=&ua=

Sep 08 09 04:58 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

Posts: 4135

Sacramento, California, US

Kings Media wrote:

smile IMA STING FAN!

+1

Although... It would be pretty wild to see if they did the make-up from back in the day when he had the Bleached Flat-top and the real crazy face paint. Back in the WCW days big_smile

Sep 08 09 05:00 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Posts: 4132

Corona, California, US

Good products get good results.... most halloween or craft store stuff is NOT going to give a good result.

Sep 08 09 05:08 pm Link

Model

Miss Okjoo

Posts: 52

Framingham, Massachusetts, US

Lisa Berczel wrote:
Good products get good results.... most halloween or craft store stuff is NOT going to give a good result.

That's what i've found

Sep 08 09 05:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Posts: 5105

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Miss Okjoo wrote:

I've tried a lot of different clown makeup over the years but most of it seems to run or clump.

all of products I've mentioned are high quality... are you setting your make-up??? that will help with the clumping and running...

Sep 08 09 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Ernesto Casillas

Posts: 1346

Los Angeles, California, US

Miss Okjoo wrote:

I've tried a lot of different clown makeup over the years but most of it seems to run or clump.

you have to set the makeup with powder, preferably patting it on with a powder puff. afterward, you take a damp towel and pat it to remove excess.

Sep 08 09 05:17 pm Link

Model

Miss Okjoo

Posts: 52

Framingham, Massachusetts, US

Ernesto Casillas wrote:

you have to set the makeup with powder, preferably patting it on with a powder puff. afterward, you take a damp towel and pat it to remove excess.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Sep 08 09 05:28 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Posts: 4132

Corona, California, US

I'd look at a water activated product like Wolfe FX.
Hydrosponge apply the white base.
Let it dry.
Hand paint the black.
You'll have to experiment with the black... too wet or too dry will give you problems. Have to find the juuuuust right.

Sep 08 09 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Ernesto Casillas

Posts: 1346

Los Angeles, California, US

Lisa Berczel wrote:
I'd look at a water activated product like Wolfe FX.
Hydrosponge apply the white base.
Let it dry.
Hand paint the black.
You'll have to experiment with the black... too wet or too dry will give you problems. Have to find the juuuuust right.

wont the black get gray if painted on top of the white? assuming both products are water based?

Sep 08 09 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

R L P

Posts: 1971

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

this may help ... or not ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVZJ3w5_vqY

Sep 08 09 05:54 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Posts: 4132

Corona, California, US

Ernesto Casillas wrote:

wont the black get gray if painted on top of the white? assuming both products are water based?

No... if done properly, with a dry base and the proper consistency black on a well paletted brush.

Just look at all the tons of facepainters out there layering black - or white - over painted base colors.

Think water color. Wet-on-wet gives one result. Wet-on-dry gives another.

Sep 08 09 06:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Posts: 7191

Dallas, Texas, US

not sure if you can see this on face book http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 … =682333292    I did it with grease paint... I am trying to upload it here but MM wont let me, guess I am out of room

Sep 08 09 06:13 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Hella Hair and Makeup

Posts: 49

Santa Cruz, California, US

make sure to have a case of faygo handy.

Sep 08 09 08:29 pm Link

Model

Phyxi

Posts: 1148

Columbus, Ohio, US

Hella Hair and Makeup wrote:
make sure to have a case of faygo handy.

LMFAO!

Sep 09 09 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Kings Media Photos

Posts: 1939

Fullerton, California, US

The Main Man wrote:

+1

Although... It would be pretty wild to see if they did the make-up from back in the day when he had the Bleached Flat-top and the real crazy face paint. Back in the WCW days big_smile

https://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/sting/43.jpg

Sep 09 09 12:38 am Link

Photographer

Most Exalted

Posts: 13

Huntington, West Virginia, US

From what I understand, they use acrylic paint.  Google that and see if you can find anything worthwhile.  A friend was a big fan of "the crow" back in the day and I've seen some good results with it.

Sep 09 09 12:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

SammiJ Makeup

Posts: 203

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

The Potentate of Love wrote:
From what I understand, they use acrylic paint.  Google that and see if you can find anything worthwhile.  A friend was a big fan of "the crow" back in the day and I've seen some good results with it.

yikes

yikes

...dear god no.

Sep 09 09 01:20 am Link

Model

Phyxi

Posts: 1148

Columbus, Ohio, US

The Potentate of Love wrote:
From what I understand, they use acrylic paint.  Google that and see if you can find anything worthwhile.  A friend was a big fan of "the crow" back in the day and I've seen some good results with it.

*facepalm* Never mention acrylic paint on this forum in relation to putting it on a model. Sure way to start a trainwreck ^_^;

Sep 09 09 01:22 am Link

Body Painter

Cat Camp

Posts: 889

Tampa, Florida, US

Miss Okjoo
I've tried a lot of different clown makeup over the years but most of it seems to run or clump.[/quote wrote:


]..

You can make it not run, but you have to powder the living daylights out of it; press it in, powder it again, press it in (with a damp cloth or damp paper towel) & powder it some more.

Sep 09 09 07:15 am Link