Forums > Newbie Forum > Safe girl

Model

FloridaGirl126

Lakeland, Florida, US

Hey, I see that alot of the models and photographers here do alot of racy stuff, and that's fine, but I just don't want to get into all that.

I'm a really safe girl, and I was wondering if there's anybody who'd like to work with someone like me? :-)

Now, I'm not this-girl-is-going-to-be-a-nun-safe, but safe enough to where I just don't want to do shoots that are really racy, or nude.

May 23 06 09:06 pm Link

Model

Ashley Deal

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Although your choice of words for what you're looking for are confusing, judging by your height you may want to look into commercial modeling since I assume by "safe" you mean you aren't interested in glamour or lingerie. Why not look around for photographers in your area that might TFP/TFCD with you? Test around and try different things and see what you like.... You have a very cute look by the way smile

Best of luck!

May 23 06 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

HerbP

Winter Springs, Florida, US

Unfortunately, racy is firmly embedded in the male chromosome. Prove it to yourself by going through a lot of ports and look at the number of views for the pictures. Note that the "racy" pictures have significantly more views than the standard run-of-the-mill pics. In a venue like MM, both photographers and models attract attention to themselves and increase business with racy pictures. It is the pheromone of female photography. There are countless thousands of girls out there with very pretty faces and a great smile or other expression. The fashion world has clothing made to a given size and then asks for models that can fit that size, not the other way around. And that height starts at about 5'9". For shorter models, non-racy offerings are relatively meager and the competition for gigs is extremely keen. So, be aware that at 5'5" and a 28" waist, you have a very big hill to climb on variable expression alone. And know that I and every other photographer on MM respects your desire to not be racy. There are photographers who do not do racy pictures, but they have an extremely large model base from which to select the model with the look they want. Your best chance at success, if you can come up with it, is to find some look that is striking and in a relatively unoccupied niche.

May 23 06 09:31 pm Link

Model

Rania

Montclair, New Jersey, US

HerbP wrote:
Unfortunately, racy is firmly embedded in the male chromosome. Prove it to yourself by going through a lot of ports and look at the number of views for the pictures. Note that the "racy" pictures have significantly more views than the standard run-of-the-mill pics.

Although i understand what HerbP is saying, I dont agree. I try to keep it 'safe' too, but the picture with by far the most views in my port is a headshot of me smiling.

I say just use what you have, your beautiful and you can and will find photographers who respect your choice in what kind of shoots you want to do.

Good luck!

May 23 06 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Antoine McAdams

Irvington, New Jersey, US

FloridaGirl126 wrote:
Hey, I see that alot of the models and photographers here do alot of racy stuff, and that's fine, but I just don't want to get into all that.

I'm a really safe girl, and I was wondering if there's anybody who'd like to work with someone like me? :-)

Now, I'm not this-girl-is-going-to-be-a-nun-safe, but safe enough to where I just don't want to do shoots that are really racy, or nude.

I am very versitle...(check my port) however if i lived in Florida I defietly would.

May 23 06 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

HerbP wrote:
Unfortunately, racy is firmly embedded in the male chromosome. Prove it to yourself by going through a lot of ports and look at the number of views for the pictures. Note that the "racy" pictures have significantly more views than the standard run-of-the-mill pics. In a venue like MM, both photographers and models attract attention to themselves and increase business with racy pictures. It is the pheromone of female photography. There are countless thousands of girls out there with very pretty faces and a great smile or other expression. The fashion world has clothing made to a given size and then asks for models that can fit that size, not the other way around. And that height starts at about 5'9". For shorter models, non-racy offerings are relatively meager and the competition for gigs is extremely keen. So, be aware that at 5'5" and a 28" waist, you have a very big hill to climb on variable expression alone. And know that I and every other photographer on MM respects your desire to not be racy. There are photographers who do not do racy pictures, but they have an extremely large model base from which to select the model with the look they want. Your best chance at success, if you can come up with it, is to find some look that is striking and in a relatively unoccupied niche.

Very honest advice

May 23 06 11:59 pm Link

Photographer

WingedPower

Cupertino, California, US

Heya SafeGirl,

Well, it sounds like the kind of photography I'm currently attempting. Casual/Casual+ with more emphasis on clothed "personality" attractiveness vs erotic/nude/implied-nude type of attractiveness.

There are photographers out there who shoot like that, but you're probably going to be looking for a portrait/senior/headshot type photographer whose emphasis will bring out the beauty without going glamour(nude) or exposing more skin.

2 cents.

edits/additions:

Modified the references to glamour in post to nude/erotic/implied-nude and glamour(nude) as glamour doesn't imply nudity. Just occured to me after posting.

May 24 06 02:38 am Link

Photographer

HerbP

rania wrote:
Although i understand what HerbP is saying, I dont agree. I try to keep it 'safe' too, but the picture with by far the most views in my port is a headshot of me smiling.

That headshot picture proves the last statement that I made. In a group of non-racy pictures, the one of you that drew attention was a "look" that was completely different not only from all the others in your port, but different from virtually all other non-racy pictures seen in MM. HerbP

May 24 06 06:20 am Link

Photographer

HerbP

Let me expand a little bit on my statement that the best chance for success in a non-racy world is to come up with a look that is unique. Photography editors look at hundreds to thousands of non-racy photographs of female models every day. Most of them are pretty much similar, a pretty girl in a pretty outfit or swimsuit, or a smiling headshot. After awhile, unless the photography editor is searching for a very particular look, he or she no longer fixates on what is a good picture or a bad picture, only on what is a different picture. Your job is to try to find looks that will make the editor stop scanning and fixate on you.

One avenue is to hook up artistically with an aspiring MUA and a hairdresser that is bored with doing the same batch of hair stylings over and over again. Have the hairdresser give you a different look, maybe your hair swept back to give you a speeding Mercury look, or swept back and up, or swirled upward over your head like a soft cone, anything to have a different look without it being kitschy. Then go to the MUA and have him/her give your face a different look. Use sparkling gold makeup under the eyes. Make your eyes look big or swept back at the corners to match your hair. Go for an unusual look without just being gaudy. Then have some pictures taken. Practice several expressions before a mirror and have a mirror right next to the camera so that you can see what you are expressing. Then back to the hairdresser to start another round. Put several different looks in your port and see if the bait attracts the eye of a bored photo editor. Good luck.

May 24 06 09:47 am Link

Photographer

ClevelandSlim

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

rania wrote:
...but the picture with by far the most views in my port is a headshot of me smiling.

and the next closest photograph in your port in views counted is the only shot showing your butt, side view, clothed.  if there was more "racy" in your port, those pics would probably have more views.

now, i'm not saying your headshot w/smile is nice (i think it's fabulous), but more "raciness" is much more "popular"

~Slim~

May 24 06 06:53 pm Link