Forums > Critique > Some websites I have been working on

Photographer

digital_susie

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I have deisgned a few online gallerys for some models and I would love your opnion.

here are some of the links

priscilla.digitalshutterspeed.com
laura.digitalshutterspeed.com
models.digitalshutterspeed.com

and my new graphic design site is sizzledesigns.net

Im always changing the photos on my models site so if your into photos, I would keep it on your favourites list.

Thanks

Susie

Jul 12 05 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I just looked at the first one but it's a nice effect.  I think the thumbnails are a bit small though.

Paul

Jul 12 05 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Steven Abel

Dallas, Texas, US

The first one is fine.  Yeah the thumbs are small, but since it is easy to drag your mouse across them all very quickly to see the full thumb it isn't bad.  I think it is my favorite.

The second one has such a narrow view of the thumbnails you are navigating that it sort of annoys me.  Kind of simple too.  Not a bad thing.

The third one is easy enough to navigate but I don't like the way that from the link you sent I click the pictures then they jump to a different location then I click on a thumb to get to the gallery.  Using FF.  That might be an issue.

I must say though, that as a man, I am quite threatened by your lens.

Jul 12 05 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

If I may nit pick a bit...in Priscilla, when you click the question mark, the file name obscures--and is obscured by--the watermark.  I like the way it works in Laura better.  But as for Laura, I hate horizontal scrolling.  That's a rule of mine.  I do it as little as possible (though I do really like that I don't have to!)  I'm not a huge fan of any visual effect on photos when I ask for the next one, but at least it's fast.

Overall, you have done a great job.  The design shows the photos well, rather than the photos being a backdrop for the design, which is a problem with a lot of photo sites.

Jul 12 05 01:00 am Link