Forums > Critique > Critique GWC?!

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

OK, NOW!!

I have a couple of SLAMMIN' HOT images in my portfolio, I'd like feedback on. But I gotta WARN YOU before you say anything negative, I've got a really good excuse for any mistakes you find. So It's not like I'm being defensive or anything; it's just that I probably know more about photography than you do.

ANYHOW, I'd LOVE your FEEDBACK as long as it's really effusive and tongue-in-cheek.

GWC!

Jul 10 05 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

On the image shot in the field behind Denny's ...lol...

I call that my "david hambleton effect" or whatever. The model took her top off! You can't see from there but her titties are bare under her hair!

You appeal to the cantankerous teenager that's still in me in some ways.

Jul 10 05 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

On Chanta Rose's picture...

Chanta Rose! MAN! She TURNED AROUND right before I shot her and the shutter-lag on my camera made me take this PICTURE of her BUTT!

That and the fact you were standing behind someone else to give the effect of "sneaking a shot in", adds to the howling in my LOL.

Jul 10 05 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 
On Chanta Rose's picture...
That and the fact you were standing behind someone else to give the effect of "sneaking a shot in", adds to the howling in my LOL.

I dont want to seem defensive or anything but...
DUDE! That was a SERIOUS PHOTO! It's not MY FAULT that Chanta moved too fast for me! I was trying to compose with my zoom lens so that I got her magnificent b(o)(o)bies completely into the picture and SHE MOONED ME!

WHAT is an ARTIST to DO!?

I suppose this is the point where I need to look at your portfolio and ask "WHO ARE YOU TO CRITIQUE ME ANYHOW!!?" but you might actually be a better photographer than I am so I am not gonna go there.

GWC

Jul 10 05 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Lesley Brown

Marfa, Texas, US

LOL!

Jul 10 05 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Lesley Slenning: 
LOL!

HEY!!! ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME!? HUH?!
I'd challenge you to a fist-fight if I was REAL!

GWC

Jul 10 05 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Matthew Cousins

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Lighting superb, truly exquisite composition overall and the fact that you have your own business card shows true professionalism. I am totally impressed. Your photshop skills will definitley land you a future publication.

Jul 10 05 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Matthew Cousins: 
Lighting superb, truly exquisite composition overall and the fact that you have your own business card shows true professionalism.

DUDE! YOU RAWK!! Thanks for the FEEDBACK! I'm glad I am on the right track!

GWC

Jul 10 05 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

The image of your business card in the mirror shows effective use of depth of field. Did you do that deliberately or were you just lucky?

For a photographer who seems to rely on luck a lot, it's been letting you down.

mjr.

Jul 10 05 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I ask you,  How do you critique a God?

Jul 10 05 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Matthew Cousins

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Very carefully, Lightning may strike if not done VERY CAREFULLY.

Jul 10 05 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 

Did he just bust on me!?

GWC

Jul 10 05 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Posted by GWC: 

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 

Did he just bust on me!?

GWC

Not effusive enough for you?

Jul 10 05 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Brian Diaz: 
Not effusive enough for you?

Well, everyone usually says nice stuff about pictures that are full of hot chicks, so I assumed everyone would be fallin' all over themselves to say "DAMN GWC, HOW DID YOU GET THAT SLAMMIN' CHICK TO TAKE HER SHIRT OFF?" or stuff like that!!

GWC

Jul 10 05 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I think you need new glasses,  they are too big for your head.

Jul 10 05 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
I think you need new glasses,  they are too big for your head.

Jealous little dog! When I get rich and famous I'll let you pee on the tires of my Ferrari!

GWC

Jul 10 05 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Not jealous,  I just look at your avatar and see that they are a little big for your face. 

Jul 10 05 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Junk Fashion

New York, New York, US

You could be a Junk Fashion King!

Jul 10 05 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

The posting title stated critique GWC,  sorry I thought that meant you as  a hole.

Your pics are the best.

Jul 10 05 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
The posting title stated critique GWC,  sorry I thought that meant you as  a hole.

Your pics are the best.

Jack is soooooo turning into a WHIMP!!!  He's becoming a little WHIMPY poodle!  Pink poodle to boot!!  Where's the mean, vicious tyrannt mutt we've all come to love!!  SHOW SOME TEETH!!!  You're letting GWC off too easy!!

What, cat got your tongue???  Opps!!  Here come the teeth!!  OUTTA HERE!! zzoommmmmm.......

Jul 10 05 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I have no idea what so ever what that lunitic is talking about.

Jul 10 05 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Looks like Jack got into the catnip!!  He's really mellow tonite..  Mellow Yellow!!  woo woo!!! 

Jul 10 05 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

The artistic qualities of your work find a perplexing stature within your legion of collegues, to which a mere simple explanation cannot be derived.

Only the comparative and superlative forms of adjectives and adverbs can be used without direct reference to anything else when it comes to your accomplishments to date.

I am only left to ponder the fate of critique in the most worthy cause I know, Latin. 

I'll call this "absolute use" of language for critique and find different ways to translate it.  For the comparative, I'd say "rather" instead of "more." For the superlative, I'd say "very" instead of "most."

As the above pertains to your resolve to extend your artistic endeavor, if the adjective fortior being used absolutely, you'll translate it as rather brave, instead of braver. Fortissimus used absolutely would be very brave, instead of most brave.

So behold the review with this deserving simplicity:  fortior fortissimus.  "You are rather brave with a very brave approach." 

Given such depth, I fear Latin can't put words into the ablative case to specify by how much the overall works possess a quality.

Jul 10 05 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

When someone has work as bad as yours i usually just leave them to the Wolves!!

But You got Balls and a Great sence of Humor!!

That alone is enough to beat out 95% of the competition!!

Now ya just gotta learn how to shoot!!

You got the hard part beat!!

(:---

Jul 10 05 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Posted by area291: 
The artistic qualities of your work find a perplexing stature within your legion of collegues, to which a mere simple explanation cannot be derived.

Only the comparative and superlative forms of adjectives and adverbs can be used without direct reference to anything else when it comes to your accomplishments to date.

I am only left to ponder the fate of critique in the most worthy cause I know, Latin. 

I'll call this "absolute use" of language for critique and find different ways to translate it.  For the comparative, I'd say "rather" instead of "more." For the superlative, I'd say "very" instead of "most."

As the above pertains to your resolve to extend your artistic endeavor, if the adjective fortior being used absolutely, you'll translate it as rather brave, instead of braver. Fortissimus used absolutely would be very brave, instead of most brave.

So behold the review with this deserving simplicity:  fortior fortissimus.  "You are rather brave with a very brave approach." 

Given such depth, I fear Latin can't put words into the ablative case to specify by how much the overall works possess a quality.

blink blink blink  WTF?????   Did someone let a political speechwriter in the forum???   Oh Tyler!!!!!!

Jul 10 05 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by area291: 

DUDE! THanks!! THat is SLAMMIN' PRAISE indeed!!! Are you English or something? You sure talk funny! But I'm glad you love my stuff!!!

GWC

Jul 11 05 08:04 am Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Hugh  Jorgen: 
Now ya just gotta learn how to shoot!!

You mean, like, use my camera?

GWC

Jul 11 05 08:05 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Posted by GWC: 
Are you English or something? 

No, I'm a surfer.  I'm stoked you like the review.  You just happened to catch me after taking taking some wild air coming out of the tube...then to see your work was just xtreme.

Remember, If you've got a bumpy, red patch on your stomach, either you're surfing a lot, or you need to go the doctor.

Jul 11 05 08:28 am Link

Photographer

Lesley Brown

Marfa, Texas, US

Posted by GWC: 

Posted by Lesley Slenning: 
LOL!

HEY!!! ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME!? HUH?!
I'd challenge you to a fist-fight if I was REAL!

GWC

i would never make fun of the GWC!  you da man!!  i would win in a fist fight though wink

Jul 11 05 10:46 pm Link