Forums > Newbie Forum > new guy in the realm of fiction

Photographer

My Imaginations

Santa Barbara, California, US

I'm currently going to school in Santa Barbara, CA and also looking for assisting jobs, models, and new people to shoot with and help with ideas. Check out my work and please leave some feedback. Love it or hate it, I'll be glad to hear from ya.

Apr 26 06 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

- Jake -

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

i like how your stuff seems a bit more coneptual than much of what i have seen on this site, not that i have seen much here. cheers

Apr 27 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Do you really believe you have learned all the rules about photography and art !  LOL

Apr 27 06 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
Do you really believe you have learned all the rules about photography and art !  LOL

Stop being snarky!

Apr 27 06 12:51 am Link

Photographer

My Imaginations

Santa Barbara, California, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

there are always the basics. the rule of thirds. positioning, placement of objects, aesthetically pleasing photos, how different countries read from left to right or right to left. focus and depth of field control. head postions, lighting ratios, they go on and on, but they are the same. photography rules are not new, they are from painting and sculptures, which are way older than the art of photography. of course with digital the rules now go to creating or hiding noise and pixelated image and color corrections, but these rules are what teachers of mine first judge photographs by, then they judge the actual image, sometimes missing the fact that you have already been taught such rules and chose to break them. that is all. i in fact do not know everything and probably never will, perhaps it is a bold statement, but it gives a reason for talk and explanation which is why it is there  smile

Apr 27 06 01:48 am Link