Forums > Critique > still learning

Model

Ember Skye

Orlando, Florida, US

will someone please let me know what they think of my pics . what should i do more of, makeup, hair anything, everything just let me know

thanks

Jul 02 05 01:43 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

My only "problem" with your portfolio is everything is soft focus. Of course that is not something you are doing.

Mike

Jul 02 05 01:48 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I agree with Mike. I don't think it's a focus issue. I think it's bad Photoshop work.

Jul 02 05 07:09 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

chandra..you are lovely

..but..

the diffuse glow filter has run amuk..way to shopped..
the Make up is garish, way over done even for glamour..
pretty much useless in a commercial portfolio..
there is no glamour market in our area outside working for guys building thier portfolios..

you have two images where i can actually tell what you look like..

i dont think you have done anywhere near, your best work yet...

as for advice..work with photographers that dont overexpose images or over manipulate them with heavy PS filters...  smile

Jul 02 05 10:51 am Link

Model

Ember Skye

Orlando, Florida, US

thanks guys. i feel the same way about most of them. out of my pics i like 3 and thats it. i just didnt know if it was just me being pickie or not  thank you for your coments

much love
chandra

Jul 02 05 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Based on the opening statement in your portfolio, "I accept a broad range of assignments and im always up for cool and diffrent ideas" your imaging package is anything but that.  I expected to see much greater range.

Just as in the imaging, the "soft focus" on where you want to take yourself must be more crisp.  If the focus is on nude and artistic work, hard sell that aspect.  If it isn't, hard sell the direction you wish to go.  A huge mistake is in trying to be all things to all genres as it limits excelling in one particular area.

Did that make sense?

Very pretty with nice features, BTW... 

Jul 02 05 11:01 pm Link

Model

Ember Skye

Orlando, Florida, US

ok i will think about that ty

Jul 08 05 04:20 am Link

Model

Ember Skye

Orlando, Florida, US

anything more?