Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Space Age Wardrobe?

Photographer

Sarah Crump

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm doing a photo shoot for school and I want it to be a "space" scene.  Think atomic, 1950's style spaceage.  This picutre is the closest illustration to the type of thing i want to do that I could find. 

http://www.www.liespeopletell.com/art/s … e_girl.jpg

I want it to be a modern fashion photo as well though... what could I use for the wardrobe using what's hot right now to give this funky spacey feel?

Feb 13 06 09:37 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

You may want to research Roberto Cavalli during the 2003 season, though not a personal favorite during that particular presentation, he did use futuristic elements in the form of jumpsuits. 

A copy of WWD often highlights what's in for the year and season, and futuristic is a common theme asthetic among designers...

Metallics, leathers and synthetic material and architecturally structured lines generally speak to futurism, also design details such as piping.

Feb 13 06 09:49 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

Check out some of the wilder fashions from Japan in the last 5 years or so. I don't remember the name, but there was at least one guy over there who had some crazy materials things going on.

~Rich

Feb 13 06 10:05 pm Link