Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > What is your strong skill?

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

Fellow Stylists,

What area of your profession do you consider to be your niche or the area you are the strongest in? (i.e., bruises, glamour, lips, eyes... you get the picture) and what do you struggle with?

Lips were the biggest struggle for me and eyes seemed to come more naturally.

Feb 13 06 04:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

K E O

Houston, Texas, US

I feel the only weak parts I have are special effects, I simply don't have the hands on practice to say I am good at special effects ..i.e,bruises,blood,veins,gore...and prosthetics. I am more of a glamour type of artist. I would imagine I dont "struggle" with anything and it just comes naturally but every now and then I pause and say "what next" and hope that it comes to me...lol

Feb 13 06 05:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Well i would have to say that my Favorite things to do are SFX work ,bruises cuts and what not,
I some times "hop" around the face a bit and have forgotten to put an eye lash on before smile i think i struggel with time a bit , some times i get all wrapped up in what i am doing that i leave my body and time stands still, but it acctually races by. So yah..Time is what i mostly struggle with but i win most of the time , and if i am under a time constraint i can pull of anything I think i work better when some gives me an exact time frame to work with.this way i can watch the clock and Rock smile

Feb 14 06 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Anything unusual or "over-the-top". And I especially love working with color. One of the only things I struggle with is false lashes, I can put them on clients pretty good now, but I'll be damned if I can put them on myself.

ex-oh
Siân

Feb 15 06 02:21 am Link