Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Mary J i'ts time for a new Doo

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Ok is it me or has Mary Jay Blighe run out of hair styles?
I watched the Gramys and she had the same "heidi" hair style as she did when she was on Oprah and its the same hair style as she had on her latest CD cover. I have seen this hair stlye on her head more often than people have been asking Madonna how she keeps her figure.
Is it me or is it time to sudgest a new Doo to the diva.
Ohh I love her and I dont want people to think that I don't I just think she needs another hair style.
Mary J is usially a style starter and so far I don't think this trend has taken off. I love her creativity usually and usually she changes her hair style every second....
opinions?

Feb 10 06 01:14 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

funny,  but I do not notice.   Though trendy,  I am not a fan of the current Madonna hair cut.

When Mary sings or speaks she has so much passion and feeling that she probably could be wearing a garbage bag and I would listen.

I have seen her recently and honestly have not noticed anything out of sink. 

Any links?

Feb 10 06 01:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I found this link its the first one that I found, i didnt look to hard but i did click one 4 others and she had the same doo in each shot but with differnt out fits. I just wonder if her hair stylist quit
I mean the style is nice and clean and looks great but I just an sick of it already

http://www.mtv.com/music/#/music/artist … tist.jhtml

Feb 10 06 02:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Alot of times artists will develop a certain style for an album release or movie, etc.  They will carry it over into the events that surround the release since they figure people will relate it to the album/movie.  It is a whole package that they have put together.
Kind of like Madonna wearing a leotard to every performance lately.  Yeah, I am sick of it, but I know it is just to relate her back to the album.  It is a character that they create.

Feb 10 06 08:21 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

I love Mary J's hair style.  It is smooth, elegant and sets a beautiful example to younger listeners.  She is the Queen of R&B.  I have no problem with her wearing an African natural crown.

Feb 10 06 09:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

J C Makeup

New York, New York, US

haha i saw that too.  i wasnt too crazy about her hair either.  plus she needs some eyebrows!!!

Feb 10 06 07:42 pm Link