Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

Is it my imagination or is a Photographer in the Stylist Forum
like a turd in the punch bowl. big_smile

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, it's coldd dd ddd  dd ddd over here.

(Walks away sad and shivering,sniff, sniff)big_smile

Feb 08 06 06:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

I love to see photographers here!  if you got the cold shoulder on a thread keep in mind that we get ignored  all the time when photographers are chatting about photography and we join in......half the time they ignore us on those threads.  Sometimes when you are chatting about something you get real focused and just ignore comments to focus on one idea...know what I mean?

Feb 08 06 09:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

I think that we do a pretty good job responding to photographers and models on here.

It is just the responsibility that comes with the eliteness of the stylist chat forum. hehe.

I think so long as you arent like "who needs stylists... we have photoshop!" we are probably going to be cool with you.

Feb 08 06 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

Mary wrote:
I love to see photographers here!  if you got the cold shoulder on a thread keep in mind that we get ignored  all the time when photographers are chatting about photography and we join in......half the time they ignore us on those threads.  Sometimes when you are chatting about something you get real focused and just ignore comments to focus on one idea...know what I mean?

I'm just kinda pullin yer chain a little.

And I certainly dont look for validation from a poster based on a comment/advice that I offer.

But I did find it interesting that an OP had an issue and I had written a particularly long response in reference to her problem giving her some pointers based on my experience as an Old Fart thats been in the Shark tank for awhile, then someone comes along and posts a one liner about her problem and the OP bubbled over with acknowledgement.

Just thought I might not have been taken seriously because I didnt own any brushes.

But if you say you love me even though I carry a camera I will take you at your word.

Mary, you knew me back when I was a Butthole on that broom closet M.com.

I take my Welbutrin now so I'm much better now. I'm just joking I'm still a Butthole, just a kinder gentler Butthole

Remember the pic I sent you of the sailboats in the bay?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

As always dear,Love your work.

Feb 08 06 11:37 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Yeah, the whole ignoring me but go gushing on about someone who has crap in their portfolio happens to me all of the time.  I feel the way you do, it isn't going to make or break my day.
Sometimes I feel like the turd in the punchbowl.  Or I am in a dog-eat-dog world and I am wearing Milkbone undies.
Oh well.
Why are you posting here??!!
lol

Feb 08 06 11:43 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Elite Imaging wrote:
I'm just kinda pullin yer chain a little.

And I certainly dont look for validation from a poster based on a comment/advice that I offer.

But I did find it interesting that an OP had an issue and I had written a particularly long response in reference to her problem giving her some pointers based on my experience as an Old Fart thats been in the Shark tank for awhile, then someone comes along and posts a one liner about her problem and the OP bubbled over with acknowledgement.

Just thought I might not have been taken seriously because I didnt own any brushes.

But if you say you love me even though I carry a camera I will take you at your word.

Mary, you knew me back when I was a Butthole on that broom closet M.com.

I take my Welbutrin now so I'm much better now. I'm just joking I'm still a Butthole, just a kinder gentler Butthole

Remember the pic I sent you of the sailboats in the bay?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

As always dear,Love your work.

hmmmm, I'm clueless.  Did we hate each other?   I have a memory that SUCKS.

I hate it when I cant see peoples names in their portfolios...I have no clue who they are because photos keep changing

Feb 08 06 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

Mary wrote:
hmmmm, I'm clueless.  Did we hate each other?   I have a memory that SUCKS.

I hate it when I cant see peoples names in their portfolios...I have no clue who they are because photos keep changing

I'll PM you with a refresher.

Feb 08 06 11:52 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Most that use them all the time,  do not need question asked.
Those that never use them have no reason to ask a question.
That leaves a small percentage of the rest.
Many people never post at all and just watch.

Feb 08 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:
Yeah, the whole ignoring me but go gushing on about someone who has crap in their portfolio happens to me all of the time.  I feel the way you do, it isn't going to make or break my day.
Sometimes I feel like the turd in the punchbowl.  Or I am in a dog-eat-dog world and I am wearing Milkbone undies.
Oh well.
Why are you posting here??!!
lol

Tracey,

The colors on that eye shadow are enough to make me run for a sex change operation.

Very nice work!

Feb 08 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

rachelrose wrote:
I think that we do a pretty good job responding to photographers and models on here.

It is just the responsibility that comes with the eliteness of the stylist chat forum. hehe.

I think so long as you arent like "who needs stylists... we have photoshop!" we are probably going to be cool with you.

I for one think Stylists are an equal integral part of what we do as photographers.

I can do without you Stylists big_smile but my stuff always seems to suck when I do.
Lol, big_smile

Feb 08 06 12:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

No need for a sex change. 
I can doll up any man or beast.

Feb 08 06 07:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well some times we dont have time to respond to every little note, and line dropped in a forum. and maybe what you said got missed , I have noticed that sometimes I post a message then it dont show up and it does like 2 days later

Feb 08 06 10:47 pm Link