Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Makeup Brushes

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

What do you all think about the brushes in this website??

http://www.beautycheckout.com/

Which are better Badger OR Sable Brushes?

I have mostly MAC brushes but want to hear your opinions.

*Edit* what's the difference between badger & sable? do they do the same or one is better than the other in doing a certain job.

Feb 04 06 08:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Meredith VanSickle

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Badger in my opinion. I love my Italian badger hair brushes... i wouldn't trade them for the world smile

Feb 04 06 08:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup FX by Vanessa

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I use them both and like thim both depending what I'm doing.  I aslo like squirrel they are just so soft especially on eyes and goat is great if your using powder shadows or mineral makeup.  Because the hair is kinky & corse is holds on to the powder better without fallin' all over them cheeks.

Feb 04 06 08:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

both if your getting them from this site, this price is well cheap I have a couple brushes that are worth $70 bucks each.  I dont know how good they are on this site but check out and see what the return policy is . smile

Feb 04 06 08:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

I use nothing but the best Italian Badger hair.   Good tools are very important, more important then the brand of cosmetic you use in my opinion.

Feb 05 06 11:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Mary wrote:
I use nothing but the best Italian Badger hair.   Good tools are very important, more important then the brand of cosmetic you use in my opinion.

I compleatly agree with Mary. I am not a "name brand hore" and I actually cover up all of the name brands with a "deadly design make-up artistry" lable. this way my stuff is marked distictively and my "missmatched" array of products looks uniformed. This trick has stopped people from stealing my expensive products:)
I think brushes should be the most expensive and best quility item in your kit, these are your tools, but if you can't afford top of the line get what you can afford but get the best in that price range.

Feb 06 06 01:15 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ChristyR

Los Angeles, California, US

My favorite is crown brushes, and their just the right price.

Feb 07 06 01:22 pm Link