Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Clothes for a shoot

Model

Ashley K

Janesville, Wisconsin, US

I have a shoot coming up next weekend and I never know what clothes to bring with!  Any suggestions? Jeans? Skirts? T-shirts? Tank tops? Sweaters? What about colors? Bright colors? Neutral? Patterns? Strips?
And how many of each should I bring?

And how about hair? Hairspray or no hairspray?

Feb 03 06 01:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well bring what you want to wear in the shoot. and about hair spray it depends are you having a hair person there at the shoot? bring it with you but not in your hair. if its in your hair and then your hair is styled you might get that annoying hair spray dandruff.

Feb 03 06 01:30 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

CamelaC

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I agree. Bring whatever you would like to see in photographs. Select the colors and styles that you believe work for you. Keep in mind everything isn't really cute on camera, that's cute in person. Try to also, make yourself stand out! Add a funky pair of earrings, some cool boots/shoes, or even socks!

If all else fails, do a search for a Wardrobe and Hair Stylist in your area to assist you.

Best wishes!

Feb 03 06 01:34 pm Link

Model

Chu

Don't use any of that cheap aerosol style spray-get something that allows your hair to move freely and naturally.

Feb 03 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

RnL Photography

Cocoa, Florida, US

what ever style you want to portray. Give it your best feeling style and clothes.

Feb 03 06 03:20 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

i always have this same problem, and I am told to look at fashion mags and see what sort of look I am going for... and accessories are GREAT! smile it can change up any plain boring outfit.

Feb 06 06 11:35 pm Link