Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Make-Up fix for Close-set Eyes

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

I want to style and have photos made of some of my friends...I have some DAMN good looking friends. Seriously, I'm one of the ugliest people I know. One of the girls is Gorgeous and tall and her only flaw if you can call it that is close set eyes, so Is there a way to minimize or draw attention AWAY from Close set eyes. Maybe with false lashes, eye liner what have you?? And because while that works and I may have that in a few shots, I can hardly have her wearing sunnies in every GD picture.

Jan 28 06 07:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Try using lighter shadows on the inner corner of the eye.  A heavy, smokey look all over the eyelid will not work.
Go to this link.  It gives a good picture of how to make it appear that the eyes are not so close.
http://www.shoppinglifestyle.com.sg/bea … /129_4.jpg

Jan 28 06 11:40 am Link

Makeup Artist

Liz Dungate

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I agree, lighter shades to the inside, you can even go for an overall light/white look - no hard dark eyeliner! For instance, I used white matte shadow liberally on the inside corners and feathered out to the mid-eye on both upper and lower lids for a model on my port who had slightly close-set, as well as deep-set, eyes to bring them out.

Jan 29 06 06:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Nadine Make-up Artist

Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

def. lighter colors in the inside and darker towards the outside. also if you use eyeliner, use it only from the outside to the middle of the upper and lower lid

Jan 29 06 07:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I agree aswell lighter on the inside and darker smokey shades on the outer sides, another trick you can do is use false lashes and extend the eye lash out past the edge of the eye i have sone this before, just dont go crazy with the length it will look wrong if you extend past 3 or 4 "segments" ofthe lash.

Jan 30 06 01:49 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

Thanks Everyone. I'll keep this in mind. The shoot hasn't been scheduled yet and I still need to get a photographer to commit to actually TAKING the photos. I've had a couple express interest but nothing definate...grrrr

Jan 30 06 03:44 am Link