Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > I Have a situation with Impact 210

Makeup Artist

Cool Artist2005

Dumont, New Jersey, US

I did a 8 hour video shoot for them and never got a copy of the video I was promises and this was back in october....what sort of action can I take because they say it is being editied but yet they had the national debut of the video so How can it still be editing? I mean it was a long hard day and I should have the video by now! I am very upset can anyone tell me what I can do to get it back! I will never any free work again unless I have a contract!

Jan 25 06 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Bill Sylvester

Fairfield, Ohio, US

Sounds like a job for a lawyer!

Jan 25 06 12:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cool Artist2005

Dumont, New Jersey, US

Ya...but hten it will cost me money and I did not get paid money for the wrok just the film...I think I just might send my brother big mike down to take care of things if you know what I mean?

Jan 25 06 06:37 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Or....just don't work with impact210 because they are a scam.

Jan 25 06 06:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Well i have been "promised" so many reals . i am still waiting to get 2 from last year smile but if you are a busy bee and are constantly bugging them in a "sickly sweet" manner you might be able to get your stuff. but persistance does pay off.

Jan 28 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Martini

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

It sounds like, in your case, you should get something in writing at the start of the shoot. I think the TFP/CD trade offer is a very legitimate barter among reasonable and honest people, and I can see where stylists may be shortchanged, so you may want to rethink your approach if this has happened more than once or so.

I'm sorry it's happened, but the best you can do, may be to take steps to prevent it in the future.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your question directly for the current situation, but without something in writing, there seems to be little recourse.

Best Regards,
Martini

Jan 28 06 01:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

Nadine Make-up Artist

Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Impact210 is known for this. You should research a company on the internet before working with them, there are so many models etc who had bad experiences with Impact or whatever name they were called before

Feb 03 06 07:31 am Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Feb 03 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Brooklyn, New York, US

Hey,

I am sorry to hear this happened to you but the people you were working for were 210 Impact or were they using the place to shoot the video? because they do rent out their studios for shoots I rented it 2 weeks ago and I am not part of them.

The video from what I get from your post it is out then I would tape it when you see it air.
Also are you talking to the person directly that you made the dealt with?

I am not defending 210 Impact I just was not clear on some aspects of your post.

Feb 03 06 04:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Olga S.

New York, New York, US

I would love to put them out of business... my cousin was approcahed by them to model... i went with her to the casting... it was such bullshit!!! I told her its a scam... they claim to be doing this for 10 years so something like that but have NO SUCCESSFUL CLIENTS!!! and they dare to have a "success story' section on their site. My cousin didn't listen to me and was nieve "signed" with them...a contract to model... and she is no model let me tell you... love her to death, but hell no!!! I told her if she was serious about modeling that i'd set her up on tests and do her hair, make up and even style here... and take it from there. They made her pay $600 for a test shoot... can you believe this. You know agencies don't do this... the shoot was with their in house photog... The whole thing was iffy and I called it the second I went thru the door but she wouldn't listen. Her husband flipped bc she was con'd out of $600 and she called them crying asking for her money back and they refused even though the payment wasn't processed yet. they even charged her for 2 months for "a website"... ummmm, what website- she has no pictures!!!

moral of this story: STAY AWAY FROM IMPACT 210!!!

Feb 11 06 02:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

sammysbodyart

New York, New York, US

This make everyone look bad! did you have calling sheet or calling sheet email before you did this Job? if not you basicly dont have case for lawyers , I like the idea to charge client for TFP/TFCD and  refund the money to them when they give me print/CD.. this is safe and fair  ,but always have email calling sheet before you go to any set to work! i have been victim with  numbers amount of agencies/record lab'els  the biger they are the more games they play.. i also have seen artist, famous MUA/Dancers get scam and   get screwed like that ! it's Ugly industry down side! BUT YES IT'S OUT THERE!

Feb 11 06 09:32 pm Link