Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Stylist Forum Meet and Greet

Makeup Artist

Teresas Richards

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hi, Everyone!  I am a MUA in Atlanta, GA and I am also a FT Cosmetology Instructor with 10 years experience in the hair industry.  I am currently a regional artist with Laura Mercier and I love every minute of it.  I am currently looking for a few people to hang with and collaborate with some ideas since I am new to the area.  I am originally from Columbus, but I have just moved here from VA.  Sooo.. if there are any newbies out looking to seek hairstyling and makeup tips, holla back.  Also looking to work with some of the experience MUA/Hairstylists as well.

lol
Teresas

Jan 27 06 11:47 am Link

Makeup Artist

Erin Hunt

New York, New York, US

Hey everyone!
My name is Erin and I just joined recently and am overwhelmed with the outpour of information.  I moved to new york via D.C. via L.A. via Seattle via Oregon.  (I know ton of moves)  Anyway I have only recently in the past year started to focus my career toward hair and make up.  I was a teacher and for the past 11 years been bartending/serving.  I now live in NYC and will begin the Aveda Cosmetology program to get my license.  (i know i don't need it, but just in case i want to later work in a salon).  I am incredibly interested in learning as much as I can from anyone who is willing to teach me or give advice.  I really want to learn to Airbrush  and FX.  Anyone who needs an assistant I am interested.  Thanks for all your advice and information.
Erin

Jan 31 06 09:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Diva Dementia

Richmond, Virginia, US

Hi everyone!

My name is Dayna, and I'm from Richmond VA.  I am a makeup artist/beginning stylist.  I have worked in makeup for 2 years now at MAC, where I am also the current store manager.  I have been fortunate enough to meet a local photographer who is helping me build a beautiful portfolio.  He shoots mainly bridal looks and has added me on to his "bridal package", so I get to have some semi-steady freelance opportunities.

I am also working with a local aspiring talent, Del.  I am his makeup artist and stylist.  As he works on getting a demo CD I sit patiently and plan his look.  We are planning on his fame to strike this year.  It's very exciting, and who knows?  But regardless of the putcome, his team has become like family and it is a great experience.

Too bad we can't have a meet-up -- But if anyone is ever in the VA area, contact me!  I never want to pass up an opportunity to meet someone new and learn a new trick of the trade!

Feb 01 06 08:52 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Chameleon Star

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Hi MMer's
             My name is Nikki. I just recently started a small stylis firm. I am just starting out. I have a degree in fine arts and my major was fashion design. I moved to NY about 8 months ago and I couldn't find any work beigng a designer. So I chose to act on my other first talent next to designing and that is being a stylist, so I could incorporate my designs, but i'm having a problem with that to. Any ideas for me anyone?

Feb 01 06 11:18 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Chameleon Star

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Erin Hunt wrote:
Hey everyone!
My name is Erin and I just joined recently and am overwhelmed with the outpour of information.  I moved to new york via D.C. via L.A. via Seattle via Oregon.  (I know ton of moves)  Anyway I have only recently in the past year started to focus my career toward hair and make up.  I was a teacher and for the past 11 years been bartending/serving.  I now live in NYC and will begin the Aveda Cosmetology program to get my license.  (i know i don't need it, but just in case i want to later work in a salon).  I am incredibly interested in learning as much as I can from anyone who is willing to teach me or give advice.  I really want to learn to Airbrush  and FX.  Anyone who needs an assistant I am interested.  Thanks for all your advice and information.
Erin

I am a licensed manicurist in Michigan and I went to an Aveda Concept School and it was wonderful you will learn alot. All of the products that they use are made of plants, no animal testing at all. Have Fun

Feb 01 06 11:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

What a great idea
ok My name is Mandy and I am the proud owner of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry I have worked in the industry mostly in film and theatre for like 6 years but only in the last year I have been professionally trained at Complections Internation the Make-up School in Toronto Ontario Canada.
I do a little of this and a little of that. I have worked in well all aspects of make-up from Fashion, Runway shows, photo shoots, charity events
Film, Student films, High and low budget feature films, Music Videos
I have worked with cancer patients, and children with life threatening illinesses
Theatre, Dance productions, Big and Small theatre , childrens theatre
Bridal, Indian ,theamed weddings such at a "lord of the rings" , "vampire" ,"Celtic"
I also do a little air brushing , still woking on my skills.
Body and face painting
I also do Special Effects Make-up , Blood Guts and Gore, Prosthetics, burns and other "effects" make-up.
Tatoo work is also a fun thing for me. I design stuff that either i paint on or it gets Really tatooed to the skin.
I also do hair  to keep myself diverse and in demand smile
I also do "body" and "teeth"  casting
I also paint and sew as well. I like to keep my fingers busy.
Hey if you want to see more of what I can do please check out my web site... www.deadlydesignmakeupartistry.com
Have fun and keep smiling because it keeps people wondering what you are up too. smile.......................................
...........Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Feb 01 06 11:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Diva Dementia wrote:
Hi everyone!

My name is Dayna, and I'm from Richmond VA.  I am a makeup artist/beginning stylist.  I have worked in makeup for 2 years now at MAC, where I am also the current store manager.  I have been fortunate enough to meet a local photographer who is helping me build a beautiful portfolio.  He shoots mainly bridal looks and has added me on to his "bridal package", so I get to have some semi-steady freelance opportunities.

I am also working with a local aspiring talent, Del.  I am his makeup artist and stylist.  As he works on getting a demo CD I sit patiently and plan his look.  We are planning on his fame to strike this year.  It's very exciting, and who knows?  But regardless of the putcome, his team has become like family and it is a great experience.

Too bad we can't have a meet-up -- But if anyone is ever in the VA area, contact me!  I never want to pass up an opportunity to meet someone new and learn a new trick of the trade!

Hey I 'm from the area smile we should get together for coffe i think theres a Van meet and greet on the 7th

Feb 02 06 12:07 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello fellow stylists,

My name is Rachel Rose and I am a make-up artist and occasionally a default hairstylist (considering almost EVERYTHING I have worked on, I have done hair too) in Los Angeles. I have experience in Film, Television, Print and Music Video. I attended MUD, but mainly for character make-up.

I am so happy we finally have our own forum. It will no doubt be the best.

Rachel

Feb 02 06 09:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Anatomy FX

Toms River, New Jersey, US

Hello, all! My name is Tony Mandile. I've been working as a special makeup FX artist here in New Jersey for 10 years now. I got my start with View Askew Productions on smaller Kevin Smith-produced films like "A Better Place" and "Big Helium Dog" and things began to snowball from there. In 2002, I had the privelage of creating some of the makeup FX for Fox Searchlight's "Broken Lizard's Club Dread". I've had the privelage of working with some cool people in the past like Bill Paxton, Jason Lee and Alice Cooper. My shop can now handle all foam latex prosthetic work, arylic dentures, props of all kinds and pneumatic and cable-controlled puppetry. My friend Maren turned me onto this site and I look forward to the day where I may get to work with one or more of you. Please check me out at www.anatomyfx.com

Feb 06 06 12:16 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

Wow...we are getting some serious talent on this thread and in this forum! Hopefully we can keep it growing strong. It is a pleasure to "meet" all of you!

Feb 06 06 12:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Joanna Crowder

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Hey, i love your work and i recently started body painting too. I heard that there;s a finishing gun that works great with doing a whole body quick. Is that true and if so where can i get one?

Feb 06 06 12:28 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

Finishing gun, as in spray gun? You can use just about any HVLP (High Vloume Low Pressure) bursh, but overspray can get to be an issue...and personally the one I have doesn't work very reliably. I'm still looking for one I can use...but let's not hijack the thread...email me if you have any questions or ideas.

~Rich

Feb 06 06 01:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

Belinda Muir

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

My name is Belinda, I'm a makeup artist and hair stylist - I graduated in September 05 in London so I'm still a new girl and testing as much as I can getting my portfolio together.

I've always loved makeup and dressing up - watching old hollywood movies as a child watching the credits to see if I could guess who had done the makeup and hair and costumes!

I wasn't able to go to college and pursue what I wanted, so my previous careers I've been working in software telecommunications as a project manager, project advisor and process analyst, then moved into retail management and then decided if I don't do it now I never will - so gave up my job, spent my savings and am being supported by the best husband in the world while I follow my dreams, my passion... at last!

I've always been a makeup addict much to the amusement of my friends and family and now they are glad I'm letting my suppressed energy and creativity out somewhere!

This forum is fab and it's nice to know there are lots of cosmetic junkies out there too! It's great reading what you have to say and looking at what you all do -thank you for sharing!

B xx

Feb 06 06 12:41 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

Wow... check out all the talent... this is so cool!

I am Ivory Narvell a fashion designer and fashion stylist.  I have been an amateur fashion illustrator for more than 15 years however, I was still making some money off of it.  I have return to college and now pursuing a bachelors degree in north Texas for Fashion Design and Marketing.

I have been a professional fashion/wardrobe stylist going on 5 years and I have had to opportunity to design and style some of San Antonio, Texas' local celebrities.  Now I am in the Dallas, Texas area I am re-working on my portfolio and loving it. 

At this time I would like to focus on print because it allows me to schedule shoots around my life with two kids.  I will only do a select number of test with the photographers that are on my "To Shoot" list.  I love shopping to create a lasting image so I will be doing this for a while until I relaunch my label in 2007-2008.

NETWORKING NOW:  If you are a fashion stylist and interested in original designs for upcoming shoots, contact me.  I will require a deposit that is fully refundable as long as the garment is return in perfect condition and dry cleaned.  I will also require a full resolution image for my design portfolio.  This is only extended to professional fashion stylist because I am like Erykah Badu, "I'm an artist and I am sensitive about my sh..."

~Smooches~

Feb 06 06 02:55 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

dressingrebecca

Houston, Texas, US

Hey guys, I am a wardrobe/Stylist...(hopefully I am in the right area) based in Houston, TX looking to build on the ol' port...any advise?  I am film and television successful and wanting to build into more print and such

Feb 12 06 02:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

DivaDolls Make Up- Rena

Fife, Washington, US

Hey Everyone..

This is the first forum that I have ever responded to. I haven't been on MM for a extended period of time but I have been very fortunate to meet some really great people. I'm a make up artist, and I absolutely luv it..I would do it for free but well..it's not cost effective nor would my hubby appreciate it (LOL) seriously though I love what I am doing and enjoy meeting other make up artist, photographers and the like..so please view my port..add comment , criticize, whatever..

Feb 12 06 02:20 pm Link